Oughterard

paul100

Hi all

I think I have inally twisted my mates arm to join me on a trip to Corrib next year and so would like to know if anybody can recommend a place to stay and guide with boat in Oughterard ROI ?

Thanks in advance

Paul

kim123

Used to go there in the 80s I found the best fishing was in the hill lochs above oughterard, fabulous wild fishing, bit of a walk and mind the midges.
My friend had his own boat on Corrib, mayfly time was amazing.

splinters

GEK79

Hi all

I think I have inally twisted my mates arm to join me on a trip to Corrib next year and so would like to know if anybody can recommend a place to stay and guide with boat in Oughterard ROI ?

Thanks in advance

Paul
Yes Paul why Corrib? My understanding of late is its not the Lough it once was.. Please don't think me a spoil sport but I'd rather you and your friend came over and fully enjoyed the fishing over here.. Maybe in wrong and the other Irish fellows here can put me right.
Gary

mackiia1

Yes Paul why Corrib? My understanding of late is its not the Lough it once was.. Please don't think me a spoil sport but I'd rather you and your friend came over and fully enjoyed the fishing over here.. Maybe in wrong and the other Irish fellows here can put me right.
Gary
Corrib is stuffed with Trout.
Get the right weather at the right time of year and there is fantastic fishing to be had.
I'll PM Paul later with some info on accommodation and guides.

goldenolive

I would be well worth Contacting Padraig, if you're looking for the Oughterard Side.
Extremely knowledgeable for that side.

Also Basil is Superb if your going out of Oughterard.

Basil Shields of Ardnasillagh Lodge (091-552550)

On the other side of the Lough Headford side
Larry is The Man.

Tight lines.

GEK79

Corrib is stuffed with Trout.
Get the right weather at the right time of year and there is fantastic fishing to be had.
I'll PM Paul later with some info on accommodation and guides.
Nice one lad.. Thanks for setting me straight. 👍👍

riogrand king

We were lucky enough to stumble into Outhergard the weekend of the Mayfly Festival. I got to fulfill a decades old desire to fish out of a couple of those gorgeous lapstrake boats. But perhaps the very best thing that weekend was the feast Friday night ahead of the fishing competition. Fish all caught in the Corrib!

Attachments

• Friday fish feast - 1.jpeg
    Friday fish feast - 1.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 28

riogrand king

A caution. We weren't prepared for the size of the insects in Outhergard.
Here my wife fends off a Mayfly.

Attachments

• World's Largest Mayfly - 1.jpeg
    World's Largest Mayfly - 1.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 36

paul100

Thanks got the replies all. Much appreciated. Nothing booked as yet as a bit busy but will hopefully have it sorted before xmas.

Paul

Latest posts