Packham and his Platform

aenoon

Linlithgow, Scotland and anywhere i can wet a line
He is an annoying person with a strangely effective and direct mouth, these people are never popular but having been forced to actually listen to what he says..rather than the way he says it, and what everyone claims he says, I have to admit that I can't find anything I don't agree with in an ethical sense.

He is getting the same flack for calling out salmon farming, why do you think that is?
Have not seem any flak aimed at him about the salmon farming situation, indeed since that nearly two year old twitter post you highlighted, have not seem any action from him either!
Again, make of that, what you will.

loxie

I think when you are trying to justify intentionally killing animals for your own enjoyment with accidental road kill you have no argument left.
I'm not trying to justify anything. I'm pointing out realities you are unable to deal with

ohanzee

I'm not trying to justify anything. I'm pointing out realities you are unable to deal with

Your theory that watching tv and driving cars kills more animals than shooting and hunting is not a reality worth taking seriously.

Cap'n Fishy

Your theory that watching tv and driving cars kills more animals than shooting and hunting is not a reality worth taking seriously.

Driving cars most certainly kills more animals than shooting, hunting with dogs and angling put together. Millions, if not billions of insects are killed on our roads every day... plus various other invertebrates (annelids, crustaceans, arachnids, chilopods and others), plus a selection of vertebrates, including amphibians and reptiles, birds, bats, rodents, lagomorphs, cervids, mustelids, insectivores, plus cats and dogs... occasional sheep, cow and horse... :whistle:

I have accounted for all of those over the years up to and including one cat and one cervid, but not a dog, sheep or a cow or a horse... thankfully... though the cervid did a lot of damage.

ohanzee

Driving cars most certainly kills more animals than shooting, hunting with dogs and angling put together. Millions, if not billions of insects are killed on our roads every day... plus various other invertebrates (annelids, crustaceans, arachnids, chilopods and others), plus a selection of vertebrates, including amphibians and reptiles, birds, bats, rodents, lagomorphs, cervids, mustelids, insectivores, plus cats and dogs... occasional sheep, cow and horse... :whistle:

I have accounted for all of those over the years up to and including one cat and one cervid, but not a dog, sheep or a cow or a horse... thankfully... though the cervid did a lot of damage.

Do you think drivers try to kill those annelids, crustaceans, arachnids, chilopods,amphibians and reptiles, birds, bats, rodents, lagomorphs, cervids, mustelids, insectivores, plus cats and dogs... occasional sheep, cow and horse....deliberately?

Cap'n Fishy

Do you think drivers try to kill those annelids, crustaceans, arachnids, chilopods,amphibians and reptiles, birds, bats, rodents, lagomorphs, cervids, mustelids, insectivores, plus cats and dogs... occasional sheep, cow and horse....deliberately?

Strawman argument! Facts is facts.

codyarrow

Only those with the lamp on top of the truck. :whistle:

ohanzee

Strawman argument! Facts is facts.

It was a question, one we all know the answer to, which demonstrates that your post and point is a strawman...a pointless diversion.

We all know those are accidental, hardly something that society is going to call into question, it's going nowhere.

loxie

It's not a theory it's an undeniable fact. You don't take t seriously because you are unable to understand facts.

loxie

It was a question, one we all know the answer to, which demonstrates that your post and point is a strawman...a pointless diversion.

We all know those are accidental, hardly something that society is going to call into question, it's going nowhere.
You don't speak for society so stop pretending you do. You speak for you and that's it.

ohanzee

It's not a theory it's an undeniable fact. You don't take t seriously because you are unable to understand facts.

I think you have blown the argument for everyone, let me remind you what it is....

Packam - 'people should not be allowed to kill animals for entertainment'

Loxie - 'tv kills more animals than shooting'

The general public - WTF??😜

aenoon

Linlithgow, Scotland and anywhere i can wet a line

So killing millions by accident is aceptable, but killing hundreds of thousands by intent is not?

ohanzee

So killing millions by accident is aceptable, but killing hundreds of thousands by intent is not?

In the eyes of society(the voter) yes, obviously, unless you think we should ban cars.

Cap'n Fishy

It is a fact. More animals die inadvertently through our accidental actions than through our deliberate actions, which was blindingly obviously Loxie's point.

A million die accidentally as a direct result of our actions. But hey, let's focus on the 10 others that we chose to shoot or chap on the head. What is anyone doing about them?

ohanzee

It is a fact. More animals die inadvertently through our accidental actions than through our deliberate actions, which was blindingly obviously Loxie's point.

A million die accidentally as a direct result of our actions. But hey, let's focus on the 10 others that we chose to shoot or chap on the head. What is anyone doing about them?

Is that your defense of shooting to animal rights groups?