Packham and his Platform

aenoon

Linlithgow, Scotland and anywhere i can wet a line
If you can't see the clear and obvious comparisons, or chose not to that is your choice, I'm not on any ones side, just pointing out how behind the curve your argument is, there are solutions there.
Having done all field sports for nigh on 60 years, I am well aware of the comparisons, and you are certainly not in front of the curve with your statements.
You also seem to be on the side of a man determined to end ALL field sports, never mind angling, which you seem to think is a pain free guilt, free activity, for both you, and your victims!

ohanzee

Having done all field sports for nigh on 60 years, I am well aware of the comparisons, and you are certainly not in front of the curve with your statements.
You also seem to be on the side of a man determined to end ALL field sports, never mind angling, which you seem to think is a pain free guilt, free activity, for both you, and your victims!

That is not what he wants.

ohanzee

Nothing to do with luck.
Its fact.
Give me your defense of it being otherwise?

My defense has already been put, by the same organisations that Packam supports, fortunately they take a different view to you and angling is broadly supported by all but the fringe lunatics.

aenoon

Linlithgow, Scotland and anywhere i can wet a line
My defense has already been put, by the same organisations that Packam supports, fortunately they take a different view to you and angling is broadly supported by all but the fringe lunatics.
Sorry, but have not seen any defense by you regarding angling.
Please tell me why you do it?
Fringe Lunatics?
You are now having a laugh.
Same "fringe lunatics" are same ones trying to get shooting in all its forms banned, somewhat unsuccesfully, I might add, aided and abetted by Packam and his false companies.

Last edited:

Whinging pom

All shot grouse end up on the table, often at a premium in exspensive eateries Same applies to most of the reared pheasants, shot for "pleasure" enoften again at a premium
That is just so much ballacks! Utter utter rubbish. You can do better than that!

So a very good tv presenter who knows his stuff, says the odd thing on tv that you thinks contentious. And in his private life actively campaigns for animal rights, and it seems most of this is howling from a few on the forum is that he shouldn’t be allowed an opinion. And that if he’s on the BBC he shouldn’t be allowed to campaign and use his celebrity profile to publicise his beliefs.
Were you all howling about Jeremy Clarksons views on top gear when he went on many of his contentious rants?( and promoted them further off screen).
Or Martin Bell whose bbc profile gave him a platform that virtually brought down a government?
Or the various celebrities who are given a platform by aunts beeb to shove religion down our throats which I personally take offence to .
John Bailey is given a platform by the Beeb to promote fishing , yesterday I was listening to a documentary on the beeb about a deer stalker in the highlands talking about his work and how he selects his cull and how much kinder it is than an abattoir death. So it’s not like there’s no balance .

If people are going to be banned from having a platform on TV to have opinions that I dont agree with and drives me into a rage at the misinformation they spout , then can we please start with Gardeners and World and the ***** Titchmarsh and then let’s target the weathermen!

Meanwhile can we look at the state of our rivers and direct our ire and energy in the right direction. The real threat.

Last edited:

Dingbat

Driving cars most certainly kills more animals than shooting, hunting with dogs and angling put together. Millions, if not billions of insects are killed on our roads every day... plus various other invertebrates (annelids, crustaceans, arachnids, chilopods and others), plus a selection of vertebrates, including amphibians and reptiles, birds, bats, rodents, lagomorphs, cervids, mustelids, insectivores, plus cats and dogs... occasional sheep, cow and horse... :whistle:

I have accounted for all of those over the years up to and including one cat and one cervid, but not a dog, sheep or a cow or a horse... thankfully... though the cervid did a lot of damage.
leather car seats?

we don't do horse-haired stuffed club sofas any more, more is the pity as the modern altrenatives are bloody awful.

Cap'n Fishy

leather car seats?

we don't do horse-haired stuffed club sofas any more, more is the pity as the modern altrenatives are bloody awful.

I do have leather car seats! OK, add in 6 cows... albeit indirectly. 😜

Last edited:

4wings

Our "bloodthirsty" ancestors, took over huge tracts of land for hunting and later shooting and fishing.
Without this happenstance there would be no wildlife left in britain as it would all be subsistence -farmed to death or mined for minerals and built on

codyarrow

I go to great lengths to not harm fish, it happens rarely, and when it does it is an accident, and not intentional.

When I shoot I aim to kill.

Are we seriously having this conversation?
Which is more moral?
I would say the 'shoot to kill'.
Had the conversation with a radical vegan who agreed that C&R fishing, regardless of how you want to portray it, is worse ethically speaking.

pisces feram

Banned
Banned
Had the conversation with a radical vegan who agreed that C&R fishing, regardless of how you want to portray it, is worse ethically speaking.
Absolutely. C&R fishing is the least justifiable field sport of all. It is already banned (and broadly ignored) in some counties.

As for those who delude themselves that the Packham and his disciples will somehow look more favourably on angling if we disassociate ourselves from shooters - I have this bridge for sale - great deal just for you.

ohanzee

Which is more moral?
I would say the 'shoot to kill'.

I'd agree, provided what was shot was needed for food, if it was shot as a commodity for a corporate day out I wouldn't.

ohanzee

Absolutely. C&R fishing is the least justifiable field sport of all. It is already banned (and broadly ignored) in some counties.

As for those who delude themselves that the Packham and his disciples will somehow look more favourably on angling if we disassociate ourselves from shooters - I have this bridge for sale - great deal just for you.

Deluded is just assuming he has an issue with angling, when he doesn't.

I don't disassociate myself from shooters, I was one, I disassociate angling from shooting.

williegunn

Here is the evidence that the world has gone stark raving mad.

Vegan leather seats! Do they not mean faux leather like cars had in the sixties and seventies.

Last edited: