Packham and his Platform

williegunn

Is it not closer to dropped 3 and lost 2?
And another loss today,

Leading rural organisations have welcomed a decision today to refuse Wild Justice permission for a judicial review on “burning” in England for a second time.

Mrs Justice Lang found all four of their grounds challenging the lawfulness of the burning regulations restricting the burning of vegetation over deep peat were unarguable. A previous decision to award costs against Wild Justice has been upheld.

BASC, the Countryside Alliance, the Moorland Association and the National Gamekeepers’ Organisation had previously been granted interested party status in the legal challenge and provided a skeleton argument prior to, and participated in, today’s hearing.

The interested parties had already agreed to donate their share of any awarded costs to the Gamekeepers’ Welfare Trust.

A spokesperson for the interested parties said: “The legal judgement in this matter is pretty emphatic. The judge said all four grounds put before the court by Wild Justice were unarguable.

“It’s another sensible decision by the judiciary and a clear signal to Wild Justice that they should leave management of the countryside to those who do it in the most sustainable and bio-diverse manner.

“This is good news for upland managers who use prescribed burning alongside other tools to manage our precious uplands.

pisces feram

Banned
Banned
“This is good news for upland managers who use prescribed burning alongside other tools to manage our precious uplands.
It is but of course these campaigns against estates have little to do with conservation and everything to do with urban-centric politics. Most of these people would not recognise a hill or glen if they tripped over the first and fell into the second.

Bobfly2

A bit like this ?

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1638195200778.jpg
    FB_IMG_1638195200778.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 31

noel

Call me sad but I watch The One Show most nights and he was supposed to be on last night , so thank you Mr. Packham I did a little channel hopping and found a very interesting show on BBC Scotland.

williegunn

I see that the House of Lords are worried about ohanzee's new best friend and his idea that the Queen ought to re-wild her estates. Lord Marland is worried the Queen and her corgis could be confronted by a bear or a wolf.

Being a simple soul I would be more worried that these bears and wolves might leave the Royal Estates to find easier pickings in perhaps nearby council estates.

Vintage Badger

Being a simple soul I would be more worried that these bears and wolves might leave the Royal Estates to find easier pickings in perhaps nearby council estates.
Really? When can we start the rewilding? ;) The thought of attracting apex predators might encourage people to keep the place clean and tidy!

haggstock

What can you do though...people on council estates keep having kids. :whistle:
Good job they did .

This lad grew up on a council estate in Leeds after moving there from a back to back terrace in Armley with my hard working mum and dad , they paid their way in life and encourage their son to do the same . I Did the 11+ , attended the local grammar school , spent 42 years in industry starting at the bottom , got up the ladder ,The last 15 years of employment spent working all over the world . Retired early .Enjoying a well funded pension .

At the moment I’m having a pre xmas break at a country house hotel in the Yorkshire Dales but later today when I leave I’m going to call on my 90 year old aunt , still living on the same Leeds Estates of my youth ( although thanks to Mrs T she bought the house ) . My cousin born in that house also worked his bollicks off , and retired ten years early, well up the ranks in Banking .

I’m not ashamed of where I came from .

Strangely in latter years I see that Council Estate is used regularly as a slur …

Perhaps what’s lacking in this country is the drive from us “ council house boys “ who knew the only way we’d get on in life was to work for it ,

Latest posts