Peacock Fly Fishing Club- Wye, Derwent, Bradford and Lathkill

delray

Another tough, but still enjoyable, day in Derbyshire yesterday on the Derwent. 6 anglers and all long distance guys; the locals know better. I was expecting to be on my own, it was that cold....well, for the time of year.
I thought the river would be low by now but not the case, it looks perfect, it is perfect, clear, pushing through (wading stick essential for me) but I think the bugs have said 'not for me' this year😢 The odd upwing and caddis and hardly anything coming up at all, so resorted to 'legering' the big fat nymph along with a less fat nymph. Fluked a brown, legitimately caught 1 lovely Grayling, 1 small rainbow and 2 other browns, nothing of note except the Grayling.
It's going to wake up soon and you can bet your last quid I won't be there.

JayP

Another tough, but still enjoyable, day in Derbyshire yesterday on the Derwent. 6 anglers and all long distance guys; the locals know better. I was expecting to be on my own, it was that cold....well, for the time of year.
I thought the river would be low by now but not the case, it looks perfect, it is perfect, clear, pushing through (wading stick essential for me) but I think the bugs have said 'not for me' this year😢 The odd upwing and caddis and hardly anything coming up at all, so resorted to 'legering' the big fat nymph along with a less fat nymph. Fluked a brown, legitimately caught 1 lovely Grayling, 1 small rainbow and 2 other browns, nothing of note except the Grayling.
It's going to wake up soon and you can bet your last quid I won't be there.
Delray how long's the commute?

badcaster

Sorting out some old paperwork earlier and came across this flier from many years ago - 1988 would be my guess but I may be widely out.
image0.jpeg

Latest posts