Pen-y-fan Pond, Caerphilly

welshfisher88

Took a walk up here the other day, looks a nice lake with shallows and deeper sections. More interesting however was the clonker of a trout that I spotted feeding on the surface. :eek:

Does anyone have experience fishing this lake?

I'd love to take a rod up there and try it out and gather tickets are £15 for 3 fish from Green tackle in Pontllanffraith.

Cheers!

Huw

Fishtec Tackle

Hi Huw,

I too took a walk around there with my GF a few nights ago and seen some cracking fish rising!

I was a member of Islwyn and District angling club for over 5 years but left it go the last two due to other fishing commitments and not being able to get my monies worth.

I've been fishing the Ebbw on day tickets, again part of the I&D club, although not been to the pond for the two year gap.

It fishes very well early on, on buzzers and nymphs and when the flies start hatching late evening can be brilliant for dry fly fishing. If a nice over cast day is what you have, dries will bring fish up blind all day.

The ant falls can be brilliant but these only last a few days or just into a week through the summer. If you hit these right you will be laughing.

Give me a PM!

Kieron

welshwales

Nice little brownie caught this evening.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gilfishman

Pantyroes ,,can u still get ticket on water?use to fish it years ago,and put £ in the box.went to fish it once and gate was padlocked at bottom of lane,...never tried again.we did have problems with kids swimming,driving they cars there one day.

welshfisher88

How is PenyFan fishing at the moment? Moved to Ebbw Vale so considering making it my regular spot on the way home from work. any info would be great!

gilfishman

Pantyroes . Can u drive up to the house,,,haven't fished it for years,,,last time we went the gate a bottom of lane was padlocked.must of been 5/6 years ago.can u still pay in wooden box?...and how is it fishing.:thumbs:

welshwales

No get your day ticket online or at Greens now. The plonkers on drugs decided the wooden box was a good place to put their blooming needles :(

The gate still needs a key which can be purchased for £5 I believe.

icaughtafishonce

Anyone got any recent updates on how the pond is fishing? Should be good at this time of year now things have cooled down I hope?