Perdigons

Spider

Anyone using Perdigons a lot out there? Am hoping to tie a few this winter, although I probably won't use that many as most of the water I fish isn't too rough or deep. Handy for deep pockets and floods I suppose.

Whats the story with the black paint on the thorax. Is that needed?

Do many of you fish very small ones in thinner water. Also, are they always tied on jig hooks?

baca157

Anyone using Perdigons a lot out there? Am hoping to tie a few this winter, although I probably won't use that many as most of the water I fish isn't too rough or deep. Handy for deep pockets and floods I suppose.

Whats the story with the black paint on the thorax. Is that needed?

Do many of you fish very small ones in thinner water. Also, are they always tied on jig hooks?

I fish them a lot. I rarely bother with the black spot but sometimes make a hot orange spot which works well for me. I don‘t know exactly what’s the reason for the black spot but a lot of patterns call for it. I think that first perdigones were tied on normal hooks, jigs are more recent addition.

They are really deadly in fast flowing water. They work well in shallow and deep water as long as it’s fast flowing.

Cheers,
Sebastian

Scotty Mitchell

I fish them a lot too, and do well in the expected water types. None of the ones I tie myself have the black thorax. I’m sure I read somewhere it was just to provide a contrast point, like a black hot spot.
My most effective perdigon doesn’t have one.

GEK79

I fish them a lot too, and do well in the expected water types. None of the ones I tie myself have the black thorax. I’m sure I read somewhere it was just to provide a contrast point, like a black hot spot.
My most effective perdigon doesn’t have one.
Are they for river or lakes or both..?

Spider

Fast rivers Gek, developed by Spanish anglers. Sink very fast.

Scotty is your best pattern olive?

I'm thinking of an olive body, maybe orange hot spot at rear, with pearl mylar along the back.

GEK79

Fast rivers Gek, developed by Spanish anglers. Sink very fast.

Scotty is your best pattern olive?

I'm thinking of an olive body, maybe orange hot spot at rear, with pearl mylar along the back.
Thank you please call me Gary.. 😜