Perfection Loop, it's not

3lbgrayling

sorry if this is not the answer your looking for.but I changed away from perfection loop.to the Fig of Eight loop. I find it easier and more reliable.

Jim

speytime

There's a tying of it somewhere that uses the thumb and forefinger that it makes it really easy to tie.
The animation above makes it look a bit complicated.

Al

sofasurfer

Looks ugly. The tag sticks out. Why would you want a nice round loop ? We're not tying a 'stiff rig' what ever that is. I hate loops. And beads.

JCP

Just remember to control the tag end at 90 degrees when you set the knot.With a little practice pinching the loop and pulling the tag you can ease/close the loop down really small just ensure the tag is held at 90 degrees when you finally set it.

JP

andygrey

Knot I use very frequently for both loop-to-loop connections and tying on larger flies. Have always found it good and reliable. A useful tip is to use the memory curve in the line to your advantage when forming the first and second loop, let the line fined it's own loop (all mono has some memory) and a small twist between the fingers will normally help lay the line in the correct orientation.

speytime

@andygrey... I've used them to connect a fly but found it quite awkward, i built the knot to the very last stage, poked the eye through the standing loop then threaded the tag end through the eye before tightening, i found it a bit of handful.
Is there a simpler method that starts with threading the fly?

Cheers Al

andygrey

@andygrey... I've used them to connect a fly but found it quite awkward, i built the knot to the very last stage, poked the eye through the standing loop then threaded the tag end through the eye before tightening, i found it a bit of handful.
Is there a simpler method that starts with threading the fly?
Cheers Al
Here you go!

LukeNZ

Perfection loop is great knot, as is the uni-knot, and the water knot. The only 3 I ever use, they cover everything I need for trout leaders, droppers and hooks.

All are totally simple, strong and effective. The best knot suite of fly fishing!