Personal Invitation.

taffy1

Of all the current & bygone angling legends, who would be your personal choice to fish with for a dy or night & why? Falkus would be high on my list, quickly followed by Moc Morgan, I'd also throw in Henrik Mortensen & Goran Andersson

bobmiddlepoint

T. C. Kingsmill Moore, Sydney Spencer and Charles McLaren because they all clearly knew their stuff. I'd want to go back and fish with them, I wouldn't want them seeing the state of the waters and runs of fish today.

I suspect there are a few on this forum who could teach us more and be a better laugh than a lot of the angling legends, there are some that might drive you up the wall too!

Andy

G

GEK79

Of all the current & bygone angling legends, who would be your personal choice to fish with for a dy or night & why? Falkus would be high on my list, quickly followed by Moc Morgan, I'd also throw in Henrik Mortensen & Goran Andersson

G

GEK79

An author called Ian Niall he wrote trout from the hills.. Its not a hugely technical book but he tells a story of Welsh Llyns that he doesn't name.. I'd have loved to have fished with him..

Attachments

• IMG_20201021_080544.jpg
    IMG_20201021_080544.jpg
    958.6 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_20201021_080517.jpg
    IMG_20201021_080517.jpg
    820.1 KB · Views: 11

JoeOh

There's always the risk of disappointment in meeting your heros. Of course, them being with us helps!. Jeremy Wade would be my choice, as he has covered such a wide range of species and techniques. He always states that he is not a proficient fly angler, but his results beg to differ.
I always wished to meet Richard Walker, but that was not to be. Again I missed Peter O'Reilly by hours on the Galway Weir, having his two books (and a pen) at the ready.
There's a few Posters on here that a twenty-four period studying them together would be interesting, connected by the love of fishing and yet .....

PaulD

I'd like to have a few days with Frederick M. Halford and George Selwyn Marryat.

We could have a day on the Test, a day at Dever Springs or Lechlade, a trip to Grafham in a boat (bit of lead-line work perhaps?) and then a journey to the Border streams to scramble and fish the Honddu, Escley and Olchon Brooks. I'm sure we'd have a whale of a time and there'd be some interesting conversations about tackle and the contents of fly boxes.

If we had the time, maybe a week or so together, we could also have a bash for zander in the Grand Union Canal, some harbour mullet or bass off the rocks and we shouldn't miss out on throwing some Budgies for pike.

PaulD

I'd like to have a few days with Frederick M. Halford and George Selwyn Marryat.

We could have a day on the Test, a day at Dever Springs or Lechlade, a trip to Grafham in a boat (bit of lead-line work perhaps?) and then a journey to the Border streams to scramble and fish the Honddu, Escley and Olchon Brooks. I'm sure we'd have a whale of a time and there'd be some interesting conversations about tackle and the contents of fly boxes.

If we had the time, maybe a week or so together, we could also have a bash for zander in the Grand Union Canal, some harbour mullet or bass off the rocks and we shouldn't miss out on throwing some Budgies for pike.

beetlebum

Mine would be John Gierach, I love his writing and sense of humour. My other would be John Wilson, I've fished all of my life for most types of fish and growing up he (and his Go Fishing program) taught me so much.

petevicar

I met Goran Andersson on a trip to the river Gaula about 25 years ago. It was the start of the season and the river was, surprisingly, low. The whole group move over to fish the river Stordal for a couple of days and I was fortunate enough to fish with him. Top bloke.

LukeNZ

Mikael Frodin - would be my choice. He definitely knows a thing or two, and has great skills and vast experience with two handed spey styles. He takes it seriously and fishes hard, frequently catches better than average fish, something I aim for too.
🙃

LukeNZ

Mikael Frodin - would be my choice. He definitely knows a thing or two, and has great skills and vast experience with two handed spey styles. He takes it seriously and fishes hard, frequently catches better than average fish, something I aim for too.
🙃

LukeNZ

🙃

G

GEK79

Sounds like a great week I'd be happy to carry the tackle for you.. 👍👍

G

GEK79

I'd also enjoy a day with the lady Joan Wulff who fished in a period where women weren't welcome and wow did she show the world of anglers how to cast.. An amazing lady...