Personal Invitation.

smallmouth

I vote for Mr Cherry and Jim.

What about Mr Crabapple from the early days of David Hall's Coarse Fisherman magazine?

...........offering to teach a youngster how to fish, Mr Crabapple met up with the family on the riverbank...........

"Hello I'm Mister Bates, this is my wife Missus Bates and our son Master Bates".

"Does he really?" said Mr Crabapple. "Well a fine healthy sport like fishing will soon cure him of that!"

I'll get my coat................

JoeOh

Mine would be John Gierach, I love his writing and sense of humour. My other would be John Wilson, I've fished all of my life for most types of fish and growing up he (and his Go Fishing program) taught me so much.
Having bumped into John, both at Rutland and Thailand, he was very different to his television personality. I agree his televised fishing shows did advance the sport. I would like to have spent time with Jack Hargreaves, the first fisherman I as a kid ever saw on TV. RIP to both.

skinner

Be rude not to.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Just think of Bob falling all over the place and saying....
"I'm very unlucky Paul. . . . When I go fishing I catch nothing - when I go to an orgy I catch everything"
😂

Jason 70

Having bumped into John, both at Rutland and Thailand, he was very different to his television personality. I agree his televised fishing shows did advance the sport. I would like to have spent time with Jack Hargreaves, the first fisherman I as a kid ever saw on TV. RIP to both.

I've got the OOT of town series on DVD at home, in the loft I think? But watch Jacks old stuff on Youtube mostly now, along side programs that would not see the light of day now. Jacks Game, wildfowling, reed cutting from the Fens etc. Anything to do with the past from the British countryside.Youtube is the ultimate time machine.

Who would I like to share a day on the river with? Ex footballer and superb actor Vinnie Jones, likes a pint, likes a bet, shoots and fishes. Good enough for me.

GEK79

Of all the current & bygone angling legends, who would be your personal choice to fish with for a dy or night & why? Falkus would be high on my list, quickly followed by Moc Morgan, I'd also throw in Henrik Mortensen & Goran Andersson
I will say there a few fellows on here I'd enjoy a session or two with.. Ohanzee Mrtrout Uncas Streams Aenoon Speytime 3lbgrayling Taffy Noel Del.Ray CoddyArrow Splinters Roger Sean freeman RobEdmunds RobD RobB Petevicar too name a few.. Legends in my opinion for various different reasons...too many to name but most of the fellows on here 👍👍

springwell

Name dropping now.

Clive Gammon, fished next to him in a bass festival / comp many years ago on a west Wales storm beach, a proper joker.

Also bumped into him on a Gower beach, we were both after tope and we had a nice session and natter, shame he's gone.