Personal Invitation.

springwell

I'd enjoy a day's fishing with ACW - Andy Wren - the day's fishing would be a lot safer than a night's drinking!

Fished with Andy a good few years ago at the Monnow Social in the rain, we had a great day, some very nice fish, complete with Kelly kettle, but that was in the day time. :coffee:

shropshire_lad

I believe its the edition sent to the publisher.. Your familiar with the Llyns in the book.. 😉

Generically, yes. Although I have not read it for a while, the book makes an interesting point of not naming any Llyns. However, the local expert can work some of them out, I believe, from the descriptions. I can't remember if I worked any out specifically. Also, the book is pretty well exclusively about dry fly I believe. Almost all my limited (and not that successful) experience up there has been with wets.

clag

Nuddy. Anyone who goes fishing dressed like Belgium crooning legend Eddy Wally from Euro Trash has got to be worth spending a day filling pvc bags with....mais non?

petevicar

I'd enjoy a day's fishing with ACW - Andy Wren - the day's fishing would be a lot safer than a night's drinking!
I have a very vague memory
Hemmingway and Castro. Failing that Eric Morecambe.
They are all dead. I met Hemingway's son in Ireland some time ago. If anyone else has - did you get the book?

Reactions: ACW

taffy1

Eric Clapton, to see if he caresses the fly rod in the same way beautiful way as he does his guitar, and to let him into the secret as to where the fly came from, which helped him land this record breaking salmon - a Blue Charm tied skinny on a Kamasan B180 #12 low water single salmon hook.View attachment 31835
Back in the day you would find this singer and songwriter spreading the Rock and Roll craze. Now, the three-time inductee of the Rock and Roll hall of Fame is fly fishing the rivers of Iceland for record breaking salmon.

Jeremy Paxman, as I think he would be great company away from his day job.

View attachment 31836

Surprising how many sporting celebrities are (or were) brothers to the angle, as already mentioned, Vinny Jones, Jack Charlton, Ian Botham, Michael Atherton & I'm sure many more. Shame Paxman's got that trout by the gill plates though....

ohanzee

I think it would have to be Jesus, no need to worry about waders, or lunch.