Peter Anderson RIP

Cap'n Fishy

Probably not the time to be asking this question (no disrespect intended), but I have vague memories of Peter being involved with the long arm of the law, regarding some salmon found in the boot of a car or something along those lines? :unsure:

Cap'n Fishy

He always reminds me of a VHS tape I had when I was a wee lad just learning to fly fish. One of Paul Youngs first videos .....

Superb! Thanks for posting. Could you imagine making a fishing film today with them travelling in anything less than a Range Rover? And there they were in a Ford Fiesta! 🤪

Paul Young - a member of my angling club - won the Scottish National Championship, back in the day. I heard he is not keeping too well at present.

Col

scobo

Paul Young - a member of my angling club - won the Scottish National Championship, back in the day. I heard he is not keeping too well at present.

Col
He must be a good age now Col ?
Haven't seen him on tv since he was last in Still Game.

GEK79

Many years ago all waders and wellingtons were black and they lasted for ages. These days you will find It very difficult to get black waders or black wellingtons. If you are not wearing olive waders then you are not in fashion. A friend of mine, (the late Peter MacKenzie-Philps) he told me a very long time ago, (1970's) that the reason as to why black waders last so long, it is because black wellingtons and waders are not effected by UV light where olive waders etc won't last a year if left in sunlight. This is something that I have always remembered therefore as I could not care less about being in fashion, if I can't get black then all of my boots when not in use, they are kept in total darkness and I never have a problem with them. They will wear out through time of course but I always get my monies worth out of them before that happens. The ones that I am using just now when fishing or doing loch maintenance, ( Greys Waist waders) they are kept up at the loch in the boatshed. Whenever the doors are shut which is most of the time, unless wearing them they are in total darkness. These are now into their 4th year and look like lasting for a very long time yet.
I have a black pair of Dunlop wellies with an insole 5 seasons.... Used when I'm doing a bit of walking round the loughs...

Latest posts