Pflueger Trion - in the salt?

Paul T

Off on holiday to Greece tomorrow. If there's room in the case, I was thinking of putting my #8 in. The reel, however is a Trion. It looks very robust and all the visible parts appear to be aluminium or stainless. Will I screw it up? Thanks in advance boys.

peanuts

If it's alli salt will eat it if it's stainless you might get away with it. Although specalist made saltwater reels are anodized to proctect them against saltwater corrosion. Having said that if you give the reel a through washing in warm water this will remove the salt. the choice is yours. However if you don't take the gear you can't catch fish.

FlyBri

Loads of folk use the trion or Koma as a SW reel- and they do fine for a while so long as you keep on washing them in warm fresh water every day after you're done. Even better - take a bottle of water with you and douse them after you finish - the damage is done when the salt dries so best rinse them whilst still wet.

bri

Spider

[Paul

I think about 2 yrs ago, T+S magazine gave them a big thumbs up for the salt ....won a reel test i think .............maybe other contributors wud know about it and can expand ?

FlyBri

I think it won the best budget reel - like less than £70 or something. Don't think it was in the salt.

Bri