Phone Waterproofing

diving dipper

As someone who has lost two mobiles to water whilst fishing, I'd like to know other people's ways to keep phones either waterproof or away from the water. It seems the plastic bag doesn't cut the mustard anymore.

DD.

haggstock

Samsung waterproof builders phone, cost me 60 pounds from Vodafone, all the battery case and charging ports are gasketed. It works, I've been down the Calder and was able to ring home and ask for the bath to be ready:(, the works iPhone stays well away from water,

beryl

Stick it under yer hat. Leaving it in yer pocket like you do is okay on land but is silly walking about in a river. Do we need a remedial sub forum? Just asking...

TFC

Somewhere with not enough fields, wildlife or rive
Can you still use an iPhone inside the cover Taterdu ? I have a Simms waterproof pouch - does what it says on the tin but can't swipe the screen to take a quick photo - more often than not the time I'm most likely to use it whilst out fishing too :(

The Simms one does hold a lot more than a phone though which is handy for beat maps, cash etc (and lighter when I smoked).

AndrewPat

I have a Lifeproof case, expensive but great.
Andrew

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lubagh

I got the Sony Experia Z1 this week and it's waterproof,

The phone is protected in up to 1.5m of water for up to 30 minutes.

But I also have this, [ame="http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Samsung-Galaxy-S3-Mini-Waterproof-Case-BeachBuoy-with-Lifetime-Warranty-/121152010557?"]Waterproof-Case-BeachBuoy-with-Lifetime-Warranty[/ame]

Last edited:

jameswaine

I try to deliberately accidentally drop my phone every time! :D

Sent from my HTC One, using Jedi mind tricks.

jonas71

I have a Sony experia v, it. Is waterproof but only in freshwater:(... Keep mine in a plastic bag with zip lock

Skickat från min LT25i via Tapatalk

Latest posts