Photos from the pheasant shooting?

orias

Sorry I'm a bit late to the thread. Great shots and thanks for putting them up. I still recall your running fox shot you put u some time ago. The lead in the air captures are remarkable. As a matter of interest what res' is your sensor? My D300 is a bit out of date now, I doubt whether my sensor would have captured that as clearly. I purchased a mini drone back in the summer and would like to get some video of our local shoot but I couldn't trust the buggers not to shoot it down.

Cap'n Fishy

Sorry I'm a bit late to the thread. Great shots and thanks for putting them up. I still recall your running fox shot you put u some time ago. The lead in the air captures are remarkable. As a matter of interest what res' is your sensor? My D300 is a bit out of date now, I doubt whether my sensor would have captured that as clearly. I purchased a mini drone back in the summer and would like to get some video of our local shoot but I couldn't trust the buggers not to shoot it down.

Cheers. My current sensor is a "full frame" type, 31 MP one. It's now more than 5 years old. However, I was getting "lead in the air" shots back in 2012-13, when I was using an 18 MP, C-type sensor...

Lauder10Nov12_8256.jpg

Lauder10Nov12_8426.jpg

5740.jpg

It turns out it is not that difficult to do! 😜

orias

I've been thinking about a new body for sometime now. My lenses mean I'll have to stick to crop sensor. I'm dithering over whether to stick SLR or go mirrorless. I've always found buying cameras a nightmare with the technology moving so quickly. I am still reasonably happy with the D300 and its still got a way to go on the shutter count but do appreciate the advantage of better res' for larger prints. Be interesting to see if Nikon come up with a new crop sensor mirrorless.

Cap'n Fishy

I've been thinking about a new body for sometime now. My lenses mean I'll have to stick to crop sensor. I'm dithering over whether to stick SLR or go mirrorless. I've always found buying cameras a nightmare with the technology moving so quickly. I am still reasonably happy with the D300 and its still got a way to go on the shutter count but do appreciate the advantage of better res' for larger prints. Be interesting to see if Nikon come up with a new crop sensor mirrorless.

I'm not sure of Nikon's plans, but it's clear it's the end of the road for dSLRs from Canon. My 5-year old 5D mkIV marks the last of the line. I have the same lens issue. I could swap to a mirrorless body, which are all designed to partner the new RF lens mount so they get the best out of each other. I would need to use an adaptor to put my EF lenses on the mirrorless body... or I can just go on using the dSLR until it goes... or I go! 😜

Col

Latest posts