Photos of Fish

mr_eejit

A rainbow I caught on Ballyheather fishery few months back, if I remember right it took a black buzzer or a small dry

Attachments

• IMG_20190407_110022.jpg
    IMG_20190407_110022.jpg
    480.3 KB · Views: 239

Cap'n Fishy

We had some nice fresh finnock in our catch on Loch Hope last week. It's not a fish that gets much publicity, so I thought I'd post up a couple...

This one on a black/gold straggle dabbler - catch a load of the size of its head vs the size of its body...

Hope2019_9538.jpg

This one on a dry heather fly, static in a flat calm...

Hope2019_9713.jpg

Col

tingvollr

We had some nice fresh finnock in our catch on Loch Hope last week. It's not a fish that gets much publicity, so I thought I'd post up a couple...

This one on a black/gold straggle dabbler - catch a load of the size of its head vs the size of its body...

Hope2019_9538.jpg

This one on a dry heather fly, static in a flat calm...

Hope2019_9713.jpg

Col
Nice healthy looking fish Col. Shows the quality of feeding in the sea around.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

kevind62

Trust Member
Finally made it to New Mexico and the San Juan River. Fishing is tough there. Extreme fishing pressure on this river. There's about a 2 mile section below the dam that is artificial bait only and catch and release only. By far the most popular place to fish there. But the river is fished heavily overall. It still boasts 20K fish per mile. Bugs are a bit smaller there too. Fishing anything larger than #18 (other than streamers) is pretty much a no-no. Finally figured out what they wanted on Monday and had a great day. Hooked in to a couple of monsters but broke off after a few seconds. Small flies means small tippet. Using 6X on 20+ inch fish takes a bit of finesse. Most of the fish I did land were in the 16" - 18" slot. Most were caught on a #22 buzzer. Did catch fish on a #20 RS2 and a #24 Juju Baetis. Didn't take a lot of pics as I was on this trip solo.

IMG_5698.JPG
IMG_5674.JPG
IMG_9312.JPG

IMG_5712.jpg

Cap'n Fishy

Is it quite common to catch them on flies in Menteith Col?

One of our other boats had one the same day, and I have been hearing of quite a few being caught. I haven't caught one for many years, but I don't tend to fish buzzers/washing-line, which I suspect is how most of them are being caught. The last coarse fish I caught on Menteith was a dace...

It is stuffed with coarse fry this year, and I have been getting pestered by them pulling my dry flies down - but they are too small to hook them.

Col

tingvollr

I've caught pike, perch, bleak and chub on fly but never caught a roach

ps3737

Been trying a 3 weight 10 foot Euro nymph rod in the estuary and got a few snapper on a fly drifted under an indicator ... maybe get outfit onto a freshwater river soon and see how it goes for trout soon!
_DSC4937.jpg

_DSC4947.jpg

Shot with Nikon AW-1 with the UW kit zoom lens.

D

Deleted member 93217

A pike caught in an embarrassing pose :)

Attachments

• osprey.jpg
    osprey.jpg
    275.3 KB · Views: 37

Gdog

One of our other boats had one the same day, and I have been hearing of quite a few being caught. I haven't caught one for many years, but I don't tend to fish buzzers/washing-line, which I suspect is how most of them are being caught. The last coarse fish I caught on Menteith was a dace...

It is stuffed with coarse fry this year, and I have been getting pestered by them pulling my dry flies down - but they are too small to hook them.

Col

Gdog

There was a corner on Bewl reservoir that a friend of mine and I used to call coarse corner, we'd get a pull and then drag in a perch, roach or jack pike. I've also caught a 6lb. common carp and grass carp when fly fishing for trout in UK still waters.