pictures of brown trout

rookstorm

Pro Member
Picture195.jpg

one from the other night on a yellow may

Bougle

I would love to tell you that they were all caught in the River Hull, but they are all fish caught in New Zealand :eek: Upper Taieri, they weighed a little over 5lb (top one and the top one in the bottom picture)

W

Walker

From a well known river in Scotland, the markings on the fish will be a giveaway for some! Caught on a size 19 olive upright. 2lb tippet and 3 weight rod.

Clyde1.jpg

W

Walker

Davy

Did you not catch any big ones?

:D

You probably know that fish by name!!!

That's my biggest from that river! Ten minutes later I got snapped off something double that size.........! Tommy was showing me some of his big fish, already planning some evening raids soon.

rookstorm

Pro Member
dead fish

To someone who doesnt know a dead fish when he sees one ,none of these fish above are dead, still swimming about

rookstorm

Pro Member
one of the best

Picture196.jpg

Probably one of the best looking browns ive caught,it was caught in about six inches of water on a size 19 dry, the bottom of its tail is worn probably by sitting in shallow water for so long

Last edited:

Chunky

Wee Brownie

Not maybe as big as the previous fish, but certainly beautiful! The girlfriend is right when she says 'size isn't everything...';)

Brownie.jpg
[/IMG]

macsas

Picture196.jpg

Probably one of the best looking browns ive caught,it was caught in about six inches of water on a size 19 dry, the bottom of its tail is worn probably by sitting in shallow water for so long

Beautiful proportions. I wonder how old that fish would be? Well done indeed. I caught a fish on the Monnow, out of a very swift stream and it's tail too, was worn on the bottom edge from holding station. When I returned it, it travelled 12" and stuck to the bottom like a gudgeon. Obviously these fish prefer the fast currents.

rookstorm

Pro Member
We have been wondering that as well, anybody out there know how old roughly this fish would be,i know that pellet fed browns are slow growers and they are fed high protein every day,i didnt weigh it as i return them as quickly as possible but it was roughly about two pounds

Bougle

Nice fish all. Would be much nicer if they were not dead.

Nothing "dead"about the fish in my pictures! All went back alive, in fact, everytime i have been to NZ in the last few years, i have NEVER taken a fish. The fishing is as good as it is down there due to this fact.:whistle: