Piscifun and Maxcatch

original cormorant

I need to replace the reel that I use for reservoir bank fishing and have been trying to make sense of the chinese offerings.
My requirement is a reliable reel and two extra spools for 7 weight with the accent on robustness rather than light weight.

Can anyone guide me round the Maxcatch and Piscifun offerings, preferably with actual experience. It's far from clear to me what distinguishes the different models - some models are on some websites but not others. What discounts are available? For a larger order am I likely to be charged duty and vat - what is the cut-off? What else ought I to know?

speytime

For what you describe I'd be more for something like a leeda lc cassette reel £30 with 4 spools, there tough reliable reels, ebay.

I think, and it annoys me, the Piscifun is in line with the Snowbee spectre costing £180 (I've both) it's made in the same factory afaik, same class different price range 👍

I had a slight issue with my Piscifun drag but it was a 10p 2 minute fix and an improvement, I can't comment on maxcatch reels.

Al

original cormorant

For what you describe I'd be more for something like a leeda lc cassette reel £30 with 4 spools, there tough reliable reels, ebay.

I think, and it annoys me, the Piscifun is in line with the Snowbee spectre costing £180 (I've both) it's made in the same factory afaik, same class different price range 👍

I had a slight issue with my Piscifun drag but it was a 10p 2 minute fix and an improvement, I can't comment on maxcatch reels.

Al
I use a greys cassette reel for boat fishing, but where I only want to carry three lines I'd rather have spools than cassettes. One reason for this is that if I had cassettes I'd be tempted to start carrying "just another" line.

After looking at the listed capacities of the maxcatch reels they seem possibly under-sized in comparison with reels I have. Does anyone have any experience on this point?

Without any guidance from useful reviews (I don't count "wow what value for money" as a useful review) or other's actual experience I'm considering the Piscifun Sword 7/8 or the Maxcatch FMD 7/9.

Banksie

I need to replace the reel that I use for reservoir bank fishing and have been trying to make sense of the chinese offerings.
My requirement is a reliable reel and two extra spools for 7 weight with the accent on robustness rather than light weight.

Can anyone guide me round the Maxcatch and Piscifun offerings, preferably with actual experience. It's far from clear to me what distinguishes the different models - some models are on some websites but not others. What discounts are available? For a larger order am I likely to be charged duty and vat - what is the cut-off? What else ought I to know?
There’s the Leeda Rimfly range. Plenty on eBay with spare spools. Solid and dirt cheap. Just a thought. 😎

Maruta

My maxcatch reel has a bit of wobble/play. The two piscifun swords I own are solid and fit tight without any play..

smallmouth

I bought a Piscifun Sword late last year. I've used it twice and it's solid, a very nice reel well worth the money.

If you're worried about delivery/duty from China, have a look on Amazon UK, the only issue might be whether the spare spools are in stock for the size/colour of reel you want.

original cormorant

I bought a Piscifun Sword late last year. I've used it twice and it's solid, a very nice reel well worth the money.

If you're worried about delivery/duty from China, have a look on Amazon UK, the only issue might be whether the spare spools are in stock for the size/colour of reel you want.
Too late - see the general Maxcatch thread. I gave up waiting for a response on this thread, and already have my Maxcatch fmd direct from China.