Attachments

• B9B46129-9E5A-4EE2-B2B1-A32E543DFC35.jpeg
    B9B46129-9E5A-4EE2-B2B1-A32E543DFC35.jpeg
    253.7 KB · Views: 67

lipslicker

Superb.
Respect.
And that pizza will do me.

I would find it hard not to be severely obese if I had my own pizza oven. Good ones are one of life's great food.

Incidentally, they are a great place to cook steaks. 500' heat makes great steak.

shropshire_lad

Superb.
Respect.

I would find it hard not to be severely obese if I had my own pizza oven. Good ones are one of life's great food.

Incidentally, they are a great place to cook steaks. 500' heat makes great steak.

I'm no expert on pizza, but it strikes me that (like many things) there's pizza and pizza.

The ones that are sold by most of those fast food outlets, student food, look hideous and a heart attack waiting to happen.

However, I still remember pizza we had in the south of France decades ago that was just sublime. Thin almost crispy base, anchovies, tomatoes, none of that sticky cheese - so tasty and probably reasonably healthy.

skinner

Superb.
Respect.

Cheers , great for Naans also , I put trays of Tandoor chicken just in doorway and it’s beautiful..
I’ve also built a fire pit that is also a tandoor oven as used fire bricks ( storage heater bricks ) to line it twice and air intakes on 3 sides...
66927AD0-8EB4-4B7D-B485-87B30D327A91.jpg

silver birch is best to cook with in the Oven 🙂

skinner

The fence probably belongs to next door - always check the deeds ;)
I built this oven and fire pit at for our friends at there house and the fence is there’s they checked it out ..
When the fence is up I will probably build them a bar , out of rail sleepers and with herringbone panels on the front like a Tudor building.

skinner

Excellent-looking erection there. (y) My brother invited me through to his place (a month ago when such extravagance was legal) to sample the output from his much more humble, off-the-shelf pizza oven...

I must say, it was very tasty. He made the dough for it in his breadmaking machine, too.

Col
Cheers Col, yes really tasty. The dough is always better homemade... for Naans just use yogurt & flour , then add Garlic, chillis , herbs & spices of what choice you want..

skinner

According to the posts it does,the fence owner has the nice side not the post side
Few weeks ago you couldn’t see that fence with all the shrubs and plants that had grown over it ( holding it up😁) there’s 14 panels and the posts and gravel boards going there from where you see it down the garden .

lipslicker

I'm no expert on pizza, but it strikes me that (like many things) there's pizza and pizza.

The ones that are sold by most of those fast food outlets, student food, look hideous and a heart attack waiting to happen.

However, I still remember pizza we had in the south of France decades ago that was just sublime. Thin almost crispy base, anchovies, tomatoes, none of that sticky cheese - so tasty and probably reasonably healthy.

Totally agree.
Good pizzas are a rarety.
They were a rarety, even in London, though I managed to sniff out a few.