Pizza Oven up and running

skinner

Get the posts replaced while you're at it ;)

Nice oven (y),
I keep threatening to make a more permanent smoker rather than using the bbq
Cheers yes it’s having new posts and gravel boards .... I built this for our friends in there garden . 👍

matt808

I'm no expert on pizza, but it strikes me that (like many things) there's pizza and pizza.

The ones that are sold by most of those fast food outlets, student food, look hideous and a heart attack waiting to happen.

However, I still remember pizza we had in the south of France decades ago that was just sublime. Thin almost crispy base, anchovies, tomatoes, none of that sticky cheese - so tasty and probably reasonably healthy.
Any pizza that is not a supermarket pizza will do just fine

ohanzee

Any pizza that is not a supermarket pizza will do just fine

Nothing can beat freshly made, and most takeaways don't come close but Morrisons sour dough is nearly there, and are you ready for this....Gino d'Acampo's frozen ones in Iceland are the nearest thing I have found to a real Italian pizza, 2 quid or something!

Tangled

Pizza Express American hot takes some beating for me. Been eating that for thousands of years.

ACW

In between the old and new Arsenal grounds
Having worked for two of the big pizza companies in the UK for a fair few years (whilst they still made their bases in house) I stopped eating them for a good decade,tasting one every day for a decade or two gets a tad awful.
I now eat afew from a local on the holloway road , adecent crust and not smothered with cheese analog!

skinner

I don’t like cheese so I don’t have cheese on my pizzas... tomato base sauce , spices & toppings only ...🙂

skinner

I can't drink larger for some reason, cider in the Spring or Summer Stowford Press or Aspalls. Ale in the Autumn and Winter, Old P or TT Landlord. And then only a couple of pints as it bloats me out now. Wine and spirits by the bucket load if I'm allowed.:)
Holstein Pils is my tipple.....

ohanzee

Having worked for two of the big pizza companies in the UK for a fair few years (whilst they still made their bases in house) I stopped eating them for a good decade,tasting one every day for a decade or two gets a tad awful.
I now eat afew from a local on the holloway road , adecent crust and not smothered with cheese analog!

I had a margherita in a little place in the hills in Tuscany, only thing I recognised on the menu and I thought I knew my way round Italian food, it didn't look much, very thin and hardly anything on it, but oh my god I don't know how they do that, it was so good I wanted another, they can put three ingredients together and its still better than our ten.

skinner

I had a margherita in a little place in the hills in Tuscany, only thing I recognised on the menu and I thought I knew my way round Italian food, it didn't look much, very thin and hardly anything on it, but oh my god I don't know how they do that, it was so good I wanted another, they can put three ingredients together and its still better than our ten.
My Mom is from Montella in Italy 🇮🇹

shropshire_lad

The Italians know how to do ice cream as well apparently. Can't wait to try - my daughter is based in Pisa now. If only this ******* Covid would go away :(

ohanzee

The Italians know how to do ice cream as well apparently. Can't wait to try - my daughter is based in Pisa now. If only this ******* Covid would go away :(

A walk after dinner to get gelato is a thing Italian families do, gelato bars open around our tea time and serve till late, there are usually seats all very refined.

In Scotland we go to the chip shop then sit in the car with the heater on and six coats, then someone knocks their can of coke over and the fish falls down between the seats, everyone goes home smelling of vinegar, quite a different cultural experience really.

ohanzee

You don't like cheese?! Egad Man! England produces some of the best cheeses in the world, and you don't like cheese.

No worries, that means more for me! :giggle::giggle:

Aye, one doesn't like cheese and the other can't drink lager, what a night out that would be :D

anzac

A walk after dinner to get gelato is a thing Italian families do, gelato bars open around our tea time and serve till late, there are usually seats all very refined.

In Scotland we go to the chip shop then sit in the car with the heater on and six coats, then someone knocks their can of coke over and the fish falls down between the seats, everyone goes home smelling of vinegar, quite a different cultural experience really.
My 'Sydney House' is about a ten minute drive from Botany Bay. There's an excellent Chippie at Ramsgate on the way. It is within walking distance of the bay. The late wife and I would go there, get the goodies, and park overlooking the bay and sit in the car (seagull protection) and have a nice meal, sometimes watching the moon rise. NO warm winter clothes required.

cgaines10

Great work! I'm in the process of building the base for mine at the moment - well the bricklayer is 😅 I can't wait to get it up and running. Hopefully have it all ready to go for next year.