Please vote for Wandle cleanups in 2017!

Theo

Trade Member
Hi all -

The Wandle Trust has submitted a bid to the AVIVA Community Grant to fund Wandle cleanups in 2017 - and it's now the last day of public voting in this round of funding bids.

As many members of this forum will know, Wandle community river cleanups are incredibly popular and we need extra support to keep up with the demand.

If we can get it, the AVIVA fund will enable us to buy much needed equipment, recruit and train volunteer Event Supervisors, and continue to organise and run these events next year. In particular we are hoping to purchase more chest waders, gloves and wheelbarrows as well as safety equipment.

If you haven't done it already, we'd be very grateful if you could click here:

https://www.avivacommunityfund.co.uk/voting/project/view/16-2471

and use your allocated 10x votes for Wandle cleanups.

Today is the last day of voting, and we're hoping to get past the 3500 votes threshold. So if you could also spread the word to your family and colleagues, that would be really helpful too.

Many thanks for your support in helping us to fund more Wandle cleanups in 2017!

Theo

Chair of Trustees, the Wandle Trust

benisa

Come on "one and all " and support this

The Wandle is a great chalk stream river where Big Browns still live and with

all the support from members of the " Fly fishing Forum" it will be kept alive

just needs your X on the dotted line:thumbs:

Theo

Trade Member
Thanks chaps!

Dave, yes, in many ways the Fly Fishing Forums was where it all began for the Wandle, and it's really cool to see so much support still here...

Andy, no worries, that Goyt weir removal project is an amazing cause too!

Sash, many thanks - you're welcome to come down any time ;)

Many thanks again to all... please keep those votes coming!

https://www.avivacommunityfund.co.uk/voting/project/view/16-2471

Theo

Theo

Trade Member
Hi again all - sadly, voting now seems to have closed, but we're up there at 3277 votes.

Big thanks to everyone who voted - I'll let you know the results as soon as we hear them...

Many thanks again!

Theo

benisa

never mind would think we are top of the tree
Theo are y going to the ifish show next week end ( may sell a few books) bit dosh for Christmas:eek:mg:

BRUCE1

The Northern Shire of York....within the Kingdom o
Sorry but i wouldnt condone this scrounging of votes ,its like the stuff you see on facebook ,please type amen ,or please like , my little girls in a beauty contest please vote for her , do people have to act like lemmings ...make your own mind up for god sake :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Theo

Trade Member
Thanks Bruce. I'm sorry you don't like this thread, but I still think the object in question is rather more meaningful in the real world than proliferating social media memes...

On which note, I'd like to offer my heartfelt thanks once again to everyone who does continue to support our quest to clean up the Wandle ;)

Theo

Editor

Fish&Fly
Staff member
I'd like to offer my heartfelt thanks once again to everyone who does continue to support our quest to clean up the Wandle ;)

Theo

Sorry I did not know about your Wandle bid earlier Theo (pls do give me the heads up on any future bids like this) as I asked everyone initially to check out the WTT bid for their support.

I'll be at iFish on Sunday too so see you there. "benisa" - what stand/brand will you be if there?

Thanks

Paul

Theo

Trade Member
Thanks Paul!

Yes, I'm planning to be at iFish (though there's worryingly little up-to-date info on their website or social media at a time when you'd expect activity to be ramping up - I assume it's still happening?)

Theo

Theo

Trade Member
Hi again all -

Excellent news - we've just heard from the Aviva Community Fund that the Wandle Trust's application to fund more Wandle cleanups in 2017 has got through to the finals in January.

Big, BIG thanks to everyone who voted for us - you've really helped us to reach the next stage of this important funding!

Theo

richardgw

Hi again all -

Excellent news - we've just heard from the Aviva Community Fund that the Wandle Trust's application to fund more Wandle cleanups in 2017 has got through to the finals in January.

Big, BIG thanks to everyone who voted for us - you've really helped us to reach the next stage of this important funding!

Theo

Nice to see.

I didn't know about the Wandle and gave my 10 votes to the the Goyt weir removal which I note also reached the next stage. So good news for both projects. :thumbs:

benisa

Sorry I did not know about your Wandle bid earlier Theo (pls do give me the heads up on any future bids like this) as I asked everyone initially to check out the WTT bid for their support.

I'll be at iFish on Sunday too so see you there. "benisa" - what stand/brand will you be if there?

Thanks

Paul

Will be there standing next to Theo (rattling the can for a Wandle donation) :eek:mg:
no stand: just a little bit of advertising to support iFish:thumbs:

Theo

Trade Member
Theo is there more voting to Come?

Sent from my SM-T715 using Tapatalk

Hi Andy - I think that's it for now, and the final decision is in the hands of the Fund's judges between now and January.

However, I'll certainly let you know about any other opportunities ;)

In the meantime, looking forward to seeing a few forumites at iFish on Sunday, by the sound of things...

Theo

Latest posts