Polarised sunnies on a tight budget..

• Thread starter Deleted member 90002
  • Start date

stevel

I'm currently using Costa glass sunglasses which I get from the US via framesdirect.
I need glasses for computer work and driving but I don't use prescription sunglasses, though I'm thinking I may need to in the near future.
I checked on framesdirect for prescription Costas and the price was shocking! Around 100 for the frames and over 500 for the lenses!
Contacts and normal sunglasses may be a cheaper/better option?
Habervision is a cheap direct to customer sunglass manufacturer who was an ex Bolle executive. They are good glasses but not as slick as Costas for around £60 plus shipping (and possibly tax).

bonefishblues

I'm currently using Costa glass sunglasses which I get from the US via framesdirect.
I need glasses for computer work and driving but I don't use prescription sunglasses, though I'm thinking I may need to in the near future.
I checked on framesdirect for prescription Costas and the price was shocking! Around 100 for the frames and over 500 for the lenses!
Contacts and normal sunglasses may be a cheaper/better option?
Habervision is a cheap direct to customer sunglass manufacturer who was an ex Bolle executive. They are good glasses but not as slick as Costas for around £60 plus shipping (and possibly tax).
It is, massively - and future proof, too (says the man who has a pair of out-of-prescription Costas in his tackle drawers...)

bonefishblues

Glad you are an expert,
I'm not an expert, nor have I ever claimed to be.
I do check whether what I am writing is accurate - and do the same to others' posts, especially where I believe that they are being alarmist. I also take care to justify why I say what I say, based on evidence.

D

Deleted member 90002

Glad you are an expert,
How about you take a minute and look at what you have done to the thread maybe it's your way maybe you want to argue with your shadow but I have to be honest do it somewhere feckin else..
As stated I'm going to my opticians for EXPERT advice all the fellas here have helped and made good points..
You GLUEMAN have continued to pick and pick.. Enough said.
Gary

stevel

Apologies though I did talk about Costas, I think a couple of valid points were made:
1. Buying at overseas discount stores will enable you to buy top end glasses like Costas which cost over £200 here for sometimes close to half that (depending on exchange rate and model).
2. Presciption polaroid sunglasses are expensive and perhaps not worth it if you use contacts
3. Buying at direct to customer manufacturers (like Haber) will provide a good pair of sunglasses at much lower cost.
But I'm sure Gary will tell me to take a hike if what I've posted is inappropriate or over the line.

D

Deleted member 90002

Apologies though I did talk about Costas, I think a couple of valid points were made:
1. Buying at overseas discount stores will enable you to buy top end glasses like Costas which cost over £200 here for sometimes close to half that (depending on exchange rate and model).
2. Presciption polaroid sunglasses are expensive and perhaps not worth it if you use contacts
3. Buying at direct to customer manufacturers (like Haber) will provide a good pair of sunglasses at much lower cost.
But I'm sure Gary will tell me to take a hike if what I've posted is inappropriate or over the line.
As I've stated lad all the info has helped I think I can get my prescription lenses for approx 60 euro. In my budget..
Most of the opinions and help have been great and taken with thanks..
However some people have ruined the thread with arguing sly comments and just frustrating.
I had a look at haber and agree the direct service would be cheaper..
Just loosing the job and being on a budget was what this is all about.
I had reached out to bonefish er explaining that the diabetes had destroyed jy eyes over the years and can't have contact lenses..
Which again was a great idea the snowbee and over eyes all great ideas..
So a gin thanks lads..
Gary.

glueman

How about you take a minute and look at what you have done to the thread maybe it's your way maybe you want to argue with your shadow but I have to be honest do it somewhere feckin else..
As stated I'm going to my opticians for EXPERT advice all the fellas here have helped and made good points..
You GLUEMAN have continued to pick and pick.. Enough said.
Gary
Having damaged eyesight from cheap sunglasses years ago just giving you a warning

D

Deleted member 90002

That your answer to someone who has problems from using cheap sunglasses giving you the head up about what can happen,I hope you listen to what your doctor or optician says or do you listen to the man in the dog and duck on his 10th pint
Ahhh lad my reading of the thread has led me to think you were just being an a55 now at the end of the thread you share that your eyes were damaged.
Why the feck didn't you say at the start. Look I hope your okay and sorry for the damage but you could do with taking a look at how things have been handled during the thread...
G

D

Deleted member 90002

Hello all and hope you are well safe and warm..
Looking for advice on a pair of polarised sun glasses for the sunnier days ahead and I haven't maui Jim budget at the moment..
Alot to ask but looking at below 50 quid..
Any recommendations please..
Thanks as always.
Gary.
Hello all have been to optician 40 euro for prescription lense polarised sun glasses.. Thanks everyone for help..
As always. Gary

D

Deleted member 90002

It was a very good question Gary (y)
If you need to wear glasses you can ask your optician, if you don't, then off the shelf sunglasses are ok.
Some are fortunate enough to be able the see close up and distance without glasses so just sunglasses will be ok for them.

I only need glasses for close up work as my long vision is ok, therefore I use bifocals the top bit is for eye protection (hook in eye can blind a guy) and the bottom for hook tying, so flip up sun glasses for me.

Some people need prescription sunglass rather than off the shelf type for eye correction and not just sun protection, it could be the reason gluemans optician suggest prescription sunglasses
👍👍

Latest posts