Polarized sunglasses for fly fishing

teify

Has anybody any idea where I can look at some costa sunglasses on line if possible. I’ve tried sportfish, fishingmegastore and none have the sunrise lenses in stock. I was told that Costa had dropped their uk distributor so were very difficult to get!

Dingbat

Like some, all of mine have been Smiths, the latest chromapop. On a recent outing in the shade however they are too dark for me. Anyone know of polarised clear glasses, allowing one to see in the water and protect ones eyes but still don't reduce the light transmission beyond the polarisation?
The safety glasses I have found so far only have tinted polarised lenses.

Rhithrogena

Anyone know of polarised clear glasses
Not achievable with current technology. Basically the polarising is achieved with a coating of iodine crystals which block 20-30% of the light and give the lens a grey colour, as I understand it.

Rhithrogena

There is a buzz surrounding the development of nanowire grid polarisers (NWGP). These are made of aligned nano-scale metal filaments on a transparent substrate. Early days yet but they show promise in various fields of science.
Maybe lenses embedded with silver nanowires will let sunglass manufacturers charge truly astronomical prices 🤔

bonefishblues

There is a buzz surrounding the development of nanowire grid polarisers (NWGP). These are made of aligned nano-scale metal filaments on a transparent substrate. Early days yet but they show promise in various fields of science.
Maybe lenses embedded with silver nanowires will let sunglass manufacturers charge truly astronomical prices 🤔
Interesting, thanks. Why the uncertainty about pricing though? :ROFLMAO:

Latest posts