Polarized sunglasses

danielp

I use Cocoons a lot as they fit over my glasses and are actually pretty decent polaroids as well in my opinion. I do also use a pair of Sunlight Silver Mirror glass Costas as well, the difference when sight fishing is quite shocking, its almost cheating. The difference in price is just as obvious.

I now primarily wear the Costas but have the Cocoons for when the contact lenses become too much bother and I want to switch back to my normal glasses.

If you are looking at the lower end of that budget I would recommend Cocoons, the higher end look out for a deal on Costas. One day I may really splash out and get some prescription Costas...

boisker

Costa or Smith Optics....
serious fly fishi g have different frames on ‘sale’ at the moment

arawa

One day I may really splash out and get some prescription Costas...
I think you might be unlucky. Earlier this year I tried to buy a pair of prescription Costas but they have changed/ended their relationships with European suppliers so there is nowhere to order prescription lenses. I tried several big UK dealers, including Sportfish, advertising non-prescription pairs and had the same reply.
I then tried to order a pair direct from the USA using my UK prescription but their dealers refused saying they had to take the prescription themselves.
I ended up with a pair of prescription Maui Jims and am very happy (except for the price!).

danielp

I think you might be unlucky. Earlier this year I tried to buy a pair of prescription Costas but they have changed/ended their relationships with European suppliers so there is nowhere to order prescription lenses. I tried several big UK dealers, including Sportfish, advertising non-prescription pairs and had the same reply.
I then tried to order a pair direct from the USA using my UK prescription but their dealers refused saying they had to take the prescription themselves.
I ended up with a pair of prescription Maui Jims and am very happy (except for the price!).
Bugger, might have to try and sort something next time I'm in America for work then. Assuming travel ever returns to normal.

ejw

Spec savers do a good deal for the over 60's ? Mine cost less than £60 for a distance prescription pair.

Latest posts