Poly leaders

antler

Hi all first thread and new to the forum and sport.
Question is do you still need a nylon leader when using a poly leader
Cheers all and thanks mods

3lbgrayling

Welcome to the forum.Yes you need to add a ''Tippet'' god forbid I use that word. but admit it does allow you to differentiate.But I still say add a leader.I'm sure there are days when you could catch on just the P/L but they would be few and far between.adding a leader to the end allows you to extend the life of the P/L and get the fly further away from the splash of the heavier P/L

Jim

PaulD

Yes. Trout polyleaders are relatively short - some only 5ft - and you need some finer material (known as tippet) to add to the polyleader and make the entire leader - polyleader + tippet - to at least 9ft.

G

GEK79

Hi all first thread and new to the forum and sport.
Question is do you still need a nylon leader when using a poly leader
Cheers all and thanks mods
Welcome and as you have seen there is plenty of friendly advice here most questions will get an answer and don't be afraid to ask..
Good luck.
Gary

antler

Thanks gary,I need all the help I can get☺

Off to toft newton reservoir were I went with a family member years ago as a spectator,
looking on their face book page theres some good fishing to have and they have an instruction open day on Mondays so that's me sorted

G

GEK79

Off to toft newton reservoir were I went with a family member years ago as a spectator,
looking on their face book page theres some good fishing to have and they have an instruction open day on Mondays so that's me sorted
Take full advantage if the instruction.. And enjoy.

Paul_B

When Thrybergh opens try them as they usually have someone to show people the ropes, when I was a member we used to organise (with the EA) fly tuition, mostly for the ladies but men were welcome.
I gave up on Thrybergh because of all the dog walkers that forgot the leads and poo bags.

It may have changed :unsure:

antler

Thanks for heads up forgot about thrybegh did a search for local waters is dale pitt lakes towards Doncaster any good ?

Latest posts