Potteries Fly Tying Club

oatcake

Potteries Fly Tying Club (updated Tuesday3rd Feb 2015)

Please note the change of day to MONDAY
Our winter flytying season started on Monday 6th October at 20:00, the venue is again Longton Cricket Club (ST3 3BL) (at the rear of The Tollgate Hotel) and as in other years we have a varied list of guest speakers to inform and entertain you throughout the season. I will post updates prior to the guest speakers due date.

Speakers for 2014 – 2015
October 20th – John Pearson & Paul Gaskell 'Discover Tenkara'

November 17th – Andy Taylor 'Stillwater Fishing'

December 8th. – Paul Proctor 'River Flies'

January 26th – Frank Moors 'Salmon Flies'

February 9th – Karl Humphries B.F.F.I. Guest

March 23rd – Duncan Egan NEXT GUEST
Duncan will be our final guest speaker for this season

The meetings on the Monday's between the above dates are on a more general theme with flytying lessons and idle banter.

Steve Cooper is in attendance most weeks with a selection from his materials emporium.

Membership is only £27 per year
Non-members £7 on guest speaker evenings, includes a buffet supper.

Must be worth the fee if only for the guest speakers and eats.

All welcome, old friends and new, please PM me if you need more info, or alternatively contact the club secretary Mr Neil Chandler see Potteries Fly-Tying Club

Paul Deaville

Thankyou to this forum for the opportunity to pass on information.

Last edited:

oatcake

Schedule Change

There has been a change to the scheduled Guest Speakers
26th January will now see Frank Moors demonstrating the tying of salmon flies and Duncan Egan will now be Visiting us on 23rd March.

blox119

Just wanted to say what a cracking club this is. Great instruction, great guest speakers. My first year as a member and sadly I have had to miss a few nights but highly recommend firvanyone in the area.

blox119

Great day out at Ellidine today, thanks Shaun for organising, a good to end the club year.
See you all at Longton Cricket Club first Monday in October looking forward to the new program and Mike's river flies.

peanut_head75

I've been looking for a north/mid shropshire fly tying club for ages but alas it seems there isn't one. This one seems do-able though, only 45mins door to door. :thumbs:

blox119

Come and join us. Really well supported this year, a good bunch of guys and some top notch instructors. It’s a bit of a drive, I’m just up the road from you so similar distance, one of the guys comes from over by Ellerdine.

peanut_head75

Turns out the Mrs joined a gym and apparently she *has* to go on Monday nights. So basically she sunk my battleship

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk