Premiership Rugby

mrnotherone

Ugly game and well won by Exeter. Wasps had a real chance near the end to sneak it but the line out call was crazy and badly thrown. In those conditions you've got to blame the call.

Worthy double champs.

JRT

Im hoping to be Devonian at some stage next year. Exeter season tickets high up on my priorities.

delray

Must be worse places to watch rugby for sure. Unusual for RU in England; true passion for the local team.

Now, my question is, if I haven't already asked, how do Saracens get back into the Premiership if there are no fixtures, which at the moment, there doesn't appear to be. On the basis a lot of players are not out on loan or on short term deals, I'm thinking somehow, a deal has been done.
Any thoughts?

billy fish

Im hoping to be Devonian at some stage next year. Exeter season tickets high up on my priorities.

If you want a day on the Otter as part of your introduction to Devon let me know.
Season tickets are scarce as demand grows . I buy match tickets online as soon as they are available . It’s a fantastic day out ,even better if Exeter win .

JRT

If you want a day on the Otter as part of your introduction to Devon let me know.
Season tickets are scarce as demand grows . I buy match tickets online as soon as they are available . It’s a fantastic day out ,even better if Exeter win .

Thank you - that very kind of you and I'll take you up on that. The house sale is all up in the air at the moment with the new lockdown and the conveyance timescales are longest they have ever been apparently but fingers crossed!

mrnotherone

Must be worse places to watch rugby for sure. Unusual for RU in England; true passion for the local team.

Now, my question is, if I haven't already asked, how do Saracens get back into the Premiership if there are no fixtures, which at the moment, there doesn't appear to be. On the basis a lot of players are not out on loan or on short term deals, I'm thinking somehow, a deal has been done.
Any thoughts?
Del, takes look at this (sorry I don't usually quote from The Mail)

Looks like they are still working things out. I wonder where the 'elite' Sarries players will play if there is no Championship rugby?

delray

Cheers Jon, on my way out to buy some fishing gear I don't need before the shops shut, I'll catch up with that article later.
With all the internationals coming up (are those autumn games on?) Jones may think they'll be ok, but it appears a whole lot of them have no club rugby for a season, on full Wray Pay as it's now known.....

The Mail???!!! You'll be accused of all sorts of crimes against humanity.

easker1

watched Leinster V Glasgow last night, leinster No15 is another Billy Whizz, he went through Glasgow like a ghost, good match. easker1

green man

I moved to Gloucestershire (from Cheshire, via Worcestershire), recently. While I love the atmosphere at KIngsholm, I almost wish we'd carried on down the M5... better rugby, cheaper property and infinitely better fishing.

Having been brought up on football (clue: born close to Anfield), my interest in rugby is not so partisan. I can enjoy watching just about everybody and my wife is Irish, so I can always jump ship during the 6 Nations. Although I especially like watching Leicester (and Wales) lose... did I say I wasn't partisan?

delray

Premiership Rugby back tonight; thoroughly enjoyed the offering from Quins/Exeter.
I have to admire the ability of Pro Sports folk doing their thing without an audience, can't be easy to get yourself up for the physical battle that comes with top end contact sport.

mrnotherone

A good game this evening, but I can't be alone in getting so frustrated with the current obsession for the caterpillar box kick - time to get rid I think.

BobP

I think that stopping or amending the 5 second thing would be good move. Ref shouts "Use it" & counts to 5 then it's "Ball out" and it's a free for all. Should encourage scrum halves to get the ball moving blo*dy quick or risk being flattened by the opposition.

I think Nigel Owen was suggesting something along those lines recently and when a ref of his standing says something like that people tend to listen.

boisker

I think that stopping or amending the 5 second thing would be good move. Ref shouts "Use it" & counts to 5 then it's "Ball out" and it's a free for all. Should encourage scrum halves to get the ball moving blo*dy quick or risk being flattened by the opposition.

yup they’d soon get a wriggle on if every time they took longer than 5s some large, hairy arsed forward smashed them at the foot of the ruck:)

delray

Anybody watch that classic game from Newcastle last night? Started watching the recording at around 10pm, done by 10.20. Truly awful.
Have to admire Newcastle's doggedness though, they are now 2 wins from 2.

Latest posts