Premiership Rugby

billy fish

Another good win for the Chiefs . Bath had no answer to the power of the Exeter forwards.
Make sure you have a look at O’Flahertys (sp) try if you get a chance.

delray

Caught up with the Premiership highlights; Exeter are looking so good and Bath are looking lost. O'Flaherty's try was brilliant, he's so good to watch.
Ldn Irish/Leicester looked as good as Newcastle/Sale; dreadful, but the other games had plenty to offer.
As early as it is, I can't see beyond Exeter; big excellent squad, great coaches, great team ethic and they work so hard. Just hope their supporters can get back soon to see it all.

BobP

No lack of running rugby in those matches and some really good tries scored. Not too much of the caterpillar thing either though I wasn't able to watch all of the programme.

Interesting to compare Premiership rugby with Test Match rugby, but when Test teams are composed of the best players each country can field it is not too surprising that games tend to be defensive as each side knows what the other is capable of. Pragmatism rules and if a team has to win by kicking penalties, then so be it, they will do just that. If the only tries are those from close range using the forwards, then it is still a try and worth five points.

I'd rather England won by playing that way than lose "prettily".

billy fish

I had this book for my birthday today and had a little look at some of the chapters. It looks a good read , not only as an Exeter man , but as a rugby supporter. It’s really up to date as it includes the two competitions recently won. If you like rugby and the core values it offers then get it. EC1B7D41-A39D-4CE0-B353-115185AE0197.jpeg

boisker

I fear for Gloucester at Lyon today... very young team out, could get a right ‘shoeing‘.... then again, perhaps they’ll play with no fear and surprise everyone....

mrnotherone

I fear for Gloucester at Lyon today... very young team out, could get a right ‘shoeing‘.... then again, perhaps they’ll play with no fear and surprise everyone....
They have played with no fear.....but they’re still getting a ‘shoeing’

The French teams are looking good.

easker1

watched the Bristol V Claremont yesterday, the claremont forward who ran the legs off the Bristol Back with an interception try, best try I've seen for a while , easker1

BobP

Anyone watch Exeter v Glasgow? I actually felt sorry for Glasgow because they came up against the most relentless and remorseless team I've ever seen. Having said that Glasgow did gift Exeter the softest try ever. All the scrum half had to do was fall over and that was 7 points.

I just wonder what Eddie Jones has got against the Simmons brothers. They is the business.

mrnotherone

After round 1 of the Champions Cup, 7 of the 8 French teams won and only 2 of the 8 English teams. Once again I can only see Exeter preventing a French or Irish win.

delray

Wasn't around at the weekend to see the games, but had a quick whizz through the BT highlights and Exeter, as Bob mentioned, are relentless but the EDIT other English Premiership sides are nowhere close.

I have BBC news page up, just reading that sadly, Covid has found the Exeter lads which will knock on to the Glasgow lads and maybe knock back to their fixture the week before where it may have come from.
Not sure the rules in Europe for this, but could it be as the Autumn Internationals? 28-0 loss in their next game if cancelled.

Last edited:

mrnotherone

As a Bath fan, that was terrible to watch. Moments of brilliance and tons of mistakes.

For the neutral I bet it was thoroughly entertaining...

boisker

As a Bath fan, that was terrible to watch. Moments of brilliance and tons of mistakes.

I enjoyed it 😀
you can imagine the Bath attack coach having a word with the defence coach...” we scored 44 points at home and @@@@@@@ lost!”

both defences with a bit to work on:)

not sure I’d want to be Bristol tomorrow, Exeter away following Exeter’s first loss last week.... not good timing!

Last edited:

delray

It was.
For a change I watched it live; very enjoyable, and I do like this lad Edogwu. Not sure if Sale let him go or Wasps poached him, but he's heck of a player and put together like an F1 car crossed with a tank. Enjoys his rugby too.

Can't watch the Exeter game live tomorrow, later kick off, and I won't be allowed the telly. Should be a good one too.

boisker

It was.
For a change I watched it live; very enjoyable, and I do like this lad Edogwu. Not sure if Sale let him go or Wasps poached him, but he's heck of a player and put together like an F1 car crossed with a tank. Enjoys his rugby too.

Can't watch the Exeter game live tomorrow, later kick off, and I won't be allowed the telly. Should be a good one too.

I could post you a pair of trousers Del 😀 😀