Premiership Rugby

boisker

Yeah Randall was outstanding... he’s one tough ’little fella’.... I like Bristol, they have some great players and can play an exciting style of rugby..
easy to see a Randall & Simmonds halfback partnership for England in the future....
baxter was his usual honest and straight speaking after the game...
they aren’t quite at full bore at the moment, they need to get back some of the intensity that has dropped off but I am sure it will come...

BobP

I enjoyed it 😀
you can imagine the Bath attack coach having a word with the defence coach...” we scored 44 points at home and @@@@@@@ lost!”

both defences with a bit to work on:)

not sure I’d want to be Bristol tomorrow, Exeter away following Exeter’s first loss last week.... not good timing!

But if the defences of both sides were tightened up do you think 96 points would have been scored in the match?

We've seen what happens when defence dominates and it is a turgid, attritional affair with far too much use of the boot. Now we had two teams determined to play ball in hand and adopt the All Black attitude that if you score five tries we'll score one more. I missed the last 15 minutes or so, but the rest of the game was excellent.

Looks like some of the other teams are starting to out-Exeter Exeter.

boisker

But if the defences of both sides were tightened up do you think 96 points would have been scored in the match?

We've seen what happens when defence dominates and it is a turgid, attritional affair with far too much use of the boot. Now we had two teams determined to play ball in hand and adopt the All Black attitude that if you score five tries we'll score one more. I missed the last 15 minutes or so, but the rest of the game was excellent.

Looks like some of the other teams are starting to out-Exeter Exeter.

Bob... if you think that having a sh!t defence is part of the NZ rugby psyche then you know nothing about rugby....
from a neutrals view point the game was excellent.... but as Jon already said, not ‘great’ from a Bath supporters point a view.... scoring 44 points at home an losing is and always will be unacceptable for players, coaching staff and the fans of the club....

BobP

Bob... if you think that having a sh!t defence is part of the NZ rugby psyche then you know nothing about rugby....
from a neutrals view point the game was excellent.... but as Jon already said, not ‘great’ from a Bath supporters point a view.... scoring 44 points at home an losing is and always will be unacceptable for players, coaching staff and the fans of the club....

That is not what I said at all. The NZ's don't get bothered if the opposition score a try because they know they can score two. Nothing to do with a sh*t defence which I didn't say at all. Two different things.

Losing at home irrespective of points scored should always be unacceptable to all concerned, but despite best endeavours this will always occur from time to time. Doesn't matter whether it is Bath or Exeter, everyone loses at home occasionally, and I suspect it is likely to be more often under present conditions of empty stadia.

boisker

To be honest when your opening response was... “But if the defences of both sides were tightened up do you think 96 points would have been scored in the match?”
I should have just ignored your pointless post....

no successful professional side plays with the attitude of ....“adopt the All Black attitude that if you score five tries we'll score one more“.... that’s boll@x...

delray

The Keegan Method. Fails.

The All Blacks approach isn't to open up and attack from anywhere for a whole match. They aim to apply pressure on every part of the oppositions 'game' for every second of the game. That pressure creates opportunity and when opportunity arises, they are the best at recognising it and have the players to act.
Occasionally, they get 'out pressured' (semi final, World Cup) and look ordinary, but not often.

The young Welsh lad that came on for Bristol to play on the left wing. Dropped a high ball I know, but he's delightful to watch; very natural.

mrnotherone

The young Welsh lad that came on for Bristol to play on the left wing. Dropped a high ball I know, but he's delightful to watch; very natural.
Yes Ioan Lloyd, he does look promising. He has a couple of caps but unfortunately he didn't look comfortable with Wales in the Autumn - a bit overwhelmed. The occasion looked like it got to him a bit, but there's plenty of time for him to come good.