Premiership Rugby

Mr Notherone

N'ton/Glos or vice versa was surprisingly enjoyable. Conditions couldn't have been easy, not always recognisable on camera, but there was some decent rugby played.

It was Del, but any rugby would have been enjoyable after watching Bath..

PaulD

My word! A Northampton win!

Having not played since Boxing Day the Saints must have been 'well rested' but 'Glarster', one win out of 7 are in dire straits. 'Nampton', now up to sixth in the table have their supporters running up and down Weedon Rd with their T shirts over their heads!

delray

2 more red cards down to "with force to the head" and both correct although I felt a little for the Glos prop, but only a little. It just can't be done.
Bath win 2 on the bounce Jon; been a few years since that happened, and Glos must be delighted the League's being ring fenced (almost); they can't buy any result at the moment, or did they win last week? Can't remember.

boisker

Both sides were pretty poor, although lots of effort... that must be the third time I’ve seen this season where Gloucester have lost in the last few minutes of a game... must be so frustrating for the team when someone gives a penalty with 2 mins to go...

Last edited:

Mr Notherone

2 more red cards down to "with force to the head" and both correct although I felt a little for the Glos prop, but only a little. It just can't be done.
Bath win 2 on the bounce Jon; been a few years since that happened, and Glos must be delighted the League's being ring fenced (almost); they can't buy any result at the moment, or did they win last week? Can't remember.

Bit cheeky Del, but fair point 😁

Not a classic but an old school rugby scrap.

It’s taking a while for the focus on head injuries to take hold. Frankly I’m surprised by the number of incidents, which suggests it doesn’t get enough attention in training?

Mr Notherone

Yes another red (edit 2 !) in the Wasps v Leicester game....same thing, tucked arm and hit to the head :rolleyes:

second edit: 3 red cards !

Last edited:

PaulD

Bloody hell! Exeter 12 Saints 13!

Must enter the Postcode Lottery, National Lottery and European Lottery . . . strange, unnatural events are occurring!

BobP

Yes another red (edit 2 !) in the Wasps v Leicester game....same thing, tucked arm and hit to the head :rolleyes:

second edit: 3 red cards !
Makes me wonder what is the minimum number of players on a team that is needed for the game to continue. In football I think it is 9, but could be mistaken.

boisker

Bloody hell! Exeter 12 Saints 13!

Must enter the Postcode Lottery, National Lottery and European Lottery . . . strange, unnatural events are occurring!

did you see the game...?
I’ve watched rugby 47 yrs ... 4 yrs old rugby League season tickets at Wigan until I left home at 18 and then predominantly union since then... in all that time I’ve never seen the defending team get to the kicker and kick the ball off his tee...
add to that the 80th minute had gone and it was the last ‘kick’ of the game...
remarkable

Mr Notherone

did you see the game...?
I’ve watched rugby 47 yrs ... 4 yrs old rugby League season tickets at Wigan until I left home at 18 and then predominantly union since then... in all that time I’ve never seen the defending team get to the kicker and kick the ball off his tee...
remarkable
Did they charge early or had the kicker started his kick?

Last edited:

boisker

Did they charge early or had the kicker started his kick?

it was on bt extra... so no immediate after game coverage.... so haven’t seen a proper replay, it looked tight, but I think Simmons possibly took a step.... my other half being a Devon girl was ‘fuming’ 😂
I’ll be interested to see the match reviews tomorrow!

original cormorant

Makes me wonder what is the minimum number of players on a team that is needed for the game to continue. In football I think it is 9, but could be mistaken.
I seem to recall being told the number is 4 - 3 being the minimum required for a scrum plus one to put the ball in.

PaulD

Law 3 doesn't cover a minimum number of players before a game is abandoned. It's very clear about if there are insufficiently trained / able personnel to scrummage - scrums become uncontested and if a team is reduced to 12, the scrum for both sides become uncontested and in the format 3 -2 (front row & locks only)

original cormorant

did you see the game...?
remarkable
It's not unusual in school or junior rugby. A school boy/girl error. Conversions are charged down often enough to make it worth while charging.

boisker

It's not unusual in school or junior rugby. A school boy/girl error. Conversions are charged down often enough to make it worth while charging.

let’s me rephrase my original post... in 47 years of watching professional rugby I’ve never seen the defending team get to the kicking tee and kick the ball... :)
no doubt it’s happened in pro rugby, but not whilst I’ve been watching... I’ve seen the defenders sent back by the ref for running too early, and seen a defender get a hand to deflect the ball.... but never seen the kicker still stood stationary when the defender boots the ball and tee into the crowd😂
i don’t watch junior rugby... so couldn’t comment