Premiership Rugby

Mr Notherone

Well that was some game of rugby. Great first half from Saints and an even better come back from Bath second half. Big win for Hooper that and another cracking performance from Mercer.

garrynic

Just wondering what Sam Simmonds has to do to be selected for the England squad?
A great player and has much to offer
And this is coming from a Welshman 😀

BobP

A noticeable absence of high tackles in the Bath/Exeter game. Pretty much everything going around the waist and legs. I missed the first 15 minutes or so, but I think the ref only gave one penalty for a high tackle. Speeded up the game. It went to show that you don't want to write off Exeter yet.

delray

Just wondering what Sam Simmonds has to do to be selected for the England squad?
Rob Baxter answered that a year or so ago; put on 20 kilos was his answer, or similar.

For the last hour Exeter were back to their relentless best, must be horrible to play against when they're on song.

delray

Pal of mine watched the Saracens game on a live 'stream'; said they were awful, Penzance much the better side. So far, lost 2 games v Ealing, beat Coventry by a small margin and lost down in Cornwall. I can't recall a relegated Premiership side doing so badly for, well, ever. Did Sanderson see the problems coming?

PaulD

Did Sanderson see the problems coming?
They were probably disorientated by the trip to Penzance and the fear that they were going to fall in the sea. Not to mention, running on to the pitch and noticing the opposition were sponsored by St Austell Tribute!

'Ansome!

BobP

Judging by England's play lately, stop scoring tries and give away stupid penalties.

Mr Notherone

An entertaining game but it's a while since I watched a team conspire to lose a game as much as Saints just did. So much possession second half, Quins down to 13 and yet couldn't make anything count. No control when it mattered. Saints errors also gifted Quins their first two tries.

Another strong performance by Smith, why he isn't in the England camp is anyone's guess...