Prescription sunglasses

Green29

Has anyone got any suggestions for good fishing prescription sunglasses at a reasonable price?
scary prices for the big names.

running bear

If you want to keep it simple and cheap, get the spec savers polarised lenses. For general fishing they are fine, indeed the last pair I got last year were a marked improvement over previous lenses for fish spoting. Their yellow lenses also make great dusk glasses.
If you need that extra 5% performance you’ll need the big brands. Serengeti’s take some beating but cost a lot. I have loads of Oakley so wear with contact but they scratch easily.
I’ve not tried polarised from any of the online opticians, but I’m sure I will soon.

Green29

I have been doing a trial of the Varifocal contact lenses but they are blurred at distance. So a bit disappointed in them. Have my second appointment next weekend so hoping to get a better prescription for the lenses.

Last edited:

original cormorant

I'm on my third presciption for optilabs varifocals not sexy but well designed for the job

See lots love em!

Last time I had a new prescription specsavers didn't have any suitable frames or big lenses. Optilabs know what they are doing.

flathead

I get my Polaroids (varifocal) through my usual private optician...not too expensive and no complaints so far...I tend to avoid the big names as I have usually been disappointed.

Just ask for a Polaroid version when you get your usual prescription

mackiia1

I have a pair of perscription Bolle Sunglasses - Polaroid , Anti Glare.
Best money I have ever spent - I use them for driving and fishing.
I think I paid about 250 Euro for them.

2306chris

Another vote for Optilabs, I'm on my 2nd pair. If you're unsure on which model they will send you frames to try before you buy.

Cam

I have a pair of perscription Bolle Sunglasses - Polaroid , Anti Glare.
Best money I have ever spent - I use them for driving and fishing.
I think I paid about 250 Euro for them.

+1 for the Bolle's I have polarised varifocal sunglasses and they are great. There are a few places doing them on line

Cap'n Fishy

I also got a pair of Optilabs - the HLT ones - came in very handy for seeing the fly in poor light last week. Made a huge difference.

I have a varifocal prescription, which they made up for me, but I didn't have the measurement from pupil to pupil, so I measured it myself, and I don't think I got it quite right. I wouldn't sit and work at the computer screen with them... but they are fine for fishing. Anyway, when buying online, try to ensure you have all the details, including the pupil to pupil measurement.

Col