Qing Ya Xi

LukeNZ

Just having a go at the traditionalists that are unaware their symbols of Britishness are not particularly British.

Probably are still quite British in the overall context of modern manufacture - just not made in Britain.

To be fair; all the Hardy rods I currently own (4) are not made in Britain, but the quality and performance is pretty comparable to all the top tier manufacturers and probably better than most - truth be told.

If they were made in Britain, those current designs would be made no better and would likely cost us sh1t loads more?

Cheers,
Luke.

Carlos

So anyone fished it? Just booking the place.

It's a relief to be fishing ...... I only just made it out of Bombay before the lockdown, sorry Mombai.

BobP

I've just waded through this long tirade of garbage. What has been overlooked is the fact that the owner is British, but has a Chinese wife. The name change was for her, and having met her on a few occasions I can say that she is extremely nice which is more than can be said for many on here.

JohnH

Qing Ya Xi is "Tranquil Waters" in mandarin Chinese. Otherwise as per Bob's comment. The owner is a London QC with a brain the size of a planet. The beat itself is absolutely sublime.

JohnH

A vote for QYX from me, T. Which is not to say Kanara isn't a nice beat, and slightly less expensive. Kanara is all wading as you have probably seen. The huge hatch pool in front of the hut is intriguing, and there are fish along the wooded section downstream of it.

caeran

3 year old thread?
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

robjcm14

OP has returned and stands by original comments. Same responses from the same people ... there's a surprise!

thetrouttickler

Kingfisher Lodge was sold for something like £3.5m in 2015. My view is that anyone who forks out that amount of money, has the unquestioned prerogative to call the place whatever takes their fancy. The translation "tranquil waters" is pleasant and fitting.

[odd how the OP came back 4 years later supposedly spoiling for an argument]