Rain

bobmiddlepoint

I'm on Hope next week, so I want it now... and lots of it! 😜

You might be in luck. Thunderstorms in the general area last night, some rivers were lucky and others missed it completely. SEPA gauge for Strathmore (Hope) shows about a foot but stuck at 2am.

If things really go your way you could be the first person to get a pink on the dap...

Andy

esk

I'm supposed to be on the Teith tomorrow. The levels have flat lined at minus on the gauge. Guess I'll have to do something else. There's never any rain when I need it. Its always somewhere else.

bobmiddlepoint

Drizzle and disappointment.

That's Caithness for you!

We had a lucky thunderstorm in the headwaters which was mostly soaked up by the lochs but after two days has finally filtered down into the main stem. Rivers either side missed it completely.
We were lucky here that it never got as hot as over with you but even so it was starting to look worrying with fish trapped in an ever shrinking river.

To put it into perspective the river here has gone up 16 inches, from -8" to +8" so hardly the three foot flood we really need.

Andy

taffy1

Storm Evert alleged to be hitting the south west of Wales, had a little breeze earlier & a short sharp shower. I do hope these forecasters get it right, desperately need some wet stuff. A weather warning was issued from 8pm until 12pm tomorrow.

Cap'n Fishy

South end of Loch Hope, early July...

Just the one decent burst of rain last week gave us this on Monday...

Meanwhile, last night was thunderstorms!

aenoon

Linlithgow, Scotland and anywhere i can wet a line
We are being hit with torrential rain here in NW Donegal.. Hope some reaches you..
It did! some awesome downpours and flooding!
Problem is we need some continous rain for a few days to get levels back up. The flash flooding through torrential rain for an hour or so does not raise levels much in depleted systems.

GEK79

It did! some awesome downpours and flooding!
Problem is we need some continous rain for a few days to get levels back up. The flash flooding through torrential rain for an hour or so does not raise levels much in depleted systems.
Its still raining here lad its on the way.. We are in flood in parts of the Country..

Latest posts