Rain

cammy

The Nith catchment is getting a little rain and the river is coming up but not massively, just enough to move all of the crap and algae, it will be honking and green for the next day or so.

GEK79

It did! some awesome downpours and flooding!
Problem is we need some continous rain for a few days to get levels back up. The flash flooding through torrential rain for an hour or so does not raise levels much in depleted systems.
This is day 2..

esk

Its raining! Real, heavy rain., Hoorah! We've had our rescue dog for more than 18 weeks and this is her first experience of proper rain. Unbelievable.

A few days of this and then a lull and I may just get to fish the Teith on Friday.

Paul_B

Raining heavy down here with strong winds, I'll be keeping the lawnmowers in today

DSC_0667 (1) 2.jpg

codyarrow

It is raining in the far north. In a minute I will clean the dust and cobwebs off the salmon flies. Tomorrow will be my second session on the river this year, which is quite unbelievable. Tartan kippers await.
Raining heavy down here with strong winds, I'll be keeping the lawnmowers in today

View attachment 43891
Nice healthy chucks. (y)

bobmiddlepoint

It is raining in the far north. In a minute I will clean the dust and cobwebs off the salmon flies. Tomorrow will be my second session on the river this year, which is quite unbelievable. Tartan kippers await.

Or maybe bars of silver.
Several rivers along the top have reported bright fish and just this morning I saw two or three jump that looked like fresh summer fish. Is it the return to autumn runs :unsure:🤣

codyarrow

Or maybe bars of silver.
Several rivers along the top have reported bright fish and just this morning I saw two or three jump that looked like fresh summer fish. Is it the return to autumn runs :unsure:🤣
Seen as this is the chicken / salmo thread maybe you can explain why there was a chicken outside Bettyhill shop this morning. I may be giving the bird too much credit but it did seem to understand the benefits of staying on the pavement as opposed to the road, and managed a few tasty titbits from by the shop door.

Wee Jimmy

Seen as this is the chicken / salmo thread maybe you can explain why there was a chicken outside Bettyhill shop this morning. I may be giving the bird too much credit but it did seem to understand the benefits of staying on the pavement as opposed to the road, and managed a few tasty titbits from by the shop door.
Ive said it before and Ill say it again...chickens are cool...

bobmiddlepoint

Because that’s where it lives!
In three years I’ve not seen one squashed and they do seem to have roadsense.

Truly a case of why didn’t the chicken cross the road.

Andy