Rainy's Hex Mayfly Tube Bodiz

syphogenic

I think I was given some by a mate that was winding down on his tying due to illness. I think I just binned them after tugging on them..I'm sure they were really flimsy as anticipated. I reckon you could produce them yourself with wonder web (stuff you cam take trousers up with) and micro fibbets, or quality artists paint brush bristles.

arkle

Will send you a few with both the above & Turrall's latex bodies to play with Chris.

A. Fluker

Thanks for the offers of free samples lads I have already taken the liberty of ordering some. Controlled by Google I must remember to look up FFT and Deer Creek in future on-line searches.

Had a look at the Turrall latex body last year on some super looking CDC mayflies a mate sent me. Unfortunately the flies looked as if they needed additional bouyancy.

MM - nice vid. Suits some that method but am always on the look out for imrovement.

Sypho - interesting to note that they are light although not durable. Alway seems to be a trade off somewhere!

But am getting concerned now that no one has come forward with a view of tying and fishing these Rainy's jobbies especially as I placed an order yesterday.

A. Fluker

The Tube Bodiz have arrived today and am impressed with the colour, the texture and the anility to be tied to a hook without too much bulk. Because they are hollow they weigh next to nothing and can be cut down to match size. They take a permanent marker and now the two things that are left in the experimentation are - how do they cast and do the fish like em'.

Will advise in due course.

:)

Sunray

I use the Rainy's Bodiz in various colours as I can't be bothered rolling my own (see the Connemara May on the Fulling Mill web site). The answers to your 2 questions are "fine" and "yes".

A. Fluker

I use the Rainy's Bodiz in various colours as I can't be bothered rolling my own (see the Connemara May on the Fulling Mill web site). The answers to your 2 questions are "fine" and "yes".
Coming from such a distinguished angler as yourself I can't wait to try them out. Thanks for your feedback and trust you are well

arkle

Chris, if they are tied properly, the Turrall's bodies are 110% bouyant. The tail exit point must be sealed in with a good waterproof flexible glue to prevent any water ingress. Then when being tied in, they must remain as fully inflated as possible. The tie-in point must be very secure & sealed with superglue.

Doubtless when they arrive, you'll see some or hopefully most of the other methods used to increase their floatability.

A. Fluker

I like the shine on the Turral's bodies and I really liked the CDC version my friend sent me last year. So it seems the bouyancy business has been sorted now as the flies recieved last year were floating for not very long.