Rat hanger

pedros

Plagiarised this one from the Dee 'Rat' angler. The extra palmered hackle holds that little bit extra floating gloop when supporting lumps of tungsten.

DSCN2989.JPG" border="0" alt=""id="BLOGGER_PHOTO_ID_5415531734287092018

I'll give it a run out at the weekend

Get a bigger image from the blog link if you fancy.

g bigtrout

Banned
Banned
Plagiarised this one from the Dee 'Rat' angler. The extra palmered hackle holds that little bit extra floating gloop when supporting lumps of tungsten.

DSCN2989.JPG" border="0" alt=""id="BLOGGER_PHOTO_ID_5415531734287092018

I'll give it a run out at the weekend

Get a bigger image from the blog link if you fancy.

More hackle.....no fear keep the flea up;)

A

andy macbog

Hi Pedros,

How does it work? Does it lie on its side in the water or is it the weight of the tungsten that gets its butt through the surface film?

Thanks,

Andy

pedros

This one is (unintentionally) butt heavy on the palmering:(. The tungy stuff beneath stabislises it so it sits upright. Originally tied on a straight hook, but I don't feel comfortable tying NZ on a straight hook. Prefer the attached line to fall more inline with the shank. Will give it a whirl and trim the underside accordingly if necessary.

A

andy macbog

Thanks Pedros,

Must try a couple myself. I like the way the hackle gives it a bit of a 'halo' but wasn't sure how it would get its butt down, but if you find it works . . . .

Andy

Buzz

Pedros have you tried it?
I like the idea of the palmering and can see it working on a straight hook but the physics of it on a curved hook confuse me.
I fear Andy's predictions may be right about it not sitting straight and another thing, when striking surly you are pulling the hackle out the water which causes additional resistance?
I ask these questions not as a criticism, just keen to learn and of course copy it if it works.
Thanks for posting.

Latest posts