Raw eggstacy

fisherman mick

Hi all
I’ve been hunting to find pre dyed eggstacy with no joy at all. Does anyone know what it’s true name is or where to get it from? I’m assuming it’s some kind of yarn that’s been repurposed for fly tying.

cheers
Mick

fisherman mick

The white version dyes very well with acid dyes. Fishteasers
Includes postage
Cheers mate, I’ll give that a look. Was hoping to be able to buy in bulk the original material. Any ideas?

jeffhirst

No harm to contact fishteasers and ask for bulk supply quote they have skeins of the stuff including their fritz

pentlandflyman

That’s great. Thanks for giving me a lead to follow. Can’t seem to find one with the same core as eggstacy, but I’m still hunting. Cheers
A mate gave me a big hank of it and it was identical to eggstacy, someone's wife in his club had balls of it for her crafting and he had given it out for guys to try, we dyed it up in a few colours you couldn't get like pellet brown and bread crust and it was deadly. I'm 99% sure it was teddy bear yarn, this looks like it - https://www.amazon.co.uk/EJY-Colors...y+yarn&qid=1611069775&sr=8-3&tag=hydrukspg-21

jeffhirst

A mate gave me a big hank of it and it was identical to eggstacy, someone's wife in his club had balls of it for her crafting and he had given it out for guys to try, we dyed it up in a few colours you couldn't get like pellet brown and bread crust and it was deadly. I'm 99% sure it was teddy bear yarn, this looks like it - https://www.amazon.co.uk/EJY-Colors...y+yarn&qid=1611069775&sr=8-3&tag=hydrukspg-21
What did you use to dye it with.....this stuff appears to be acryllic? It appears to have a very thick core as well.

pentlandflyman

What did you use to dye it with.....this stuff appears to be acryllic? It appears to have a very thick core as well.
We dyed it should read he dyed it 😏 I don't know if that's the same stuff or not but it looks very similar and I don't know what it's made from, the one in the link looks similar I don't know if it's the same, I posted it so he had an idea what he was looking for. Here is the Teddy yarn next to eggstacy and the Teddy yarn on its own...I can't tell the difference myself.
20210119_170100.jpg
20210119_165907.jpg

Latest posts