Reading Rivers, Tracing Trout

derek365

Thank you very much for taking the time to post these articles , Terry. I've just 2 weeks more cramming before i start my first season on running water.

Cheers Derek

flyman1975

just started reading your posts and they are very imformative and will keep on reading i have been river fishing some time now , and its always good to get more info , thanks alot :thumbs: not long to go :D:D

burk

I concider myself as an experienced fly fishermen but this is good reading man! I could never have write this down even if the most of it is very familiar.

I have a personal question for you but cant find where to send you a message.

Best regards, Mattias

jada0406

Hi', Matthias, In my 'second life' here on the FFF, I am Jada0406. I first wrote using my real name, Terry Cousin, then dropped out of the forums for a while, but re-visted as Guest 3, a user name that appears on a few posts I made before signing up again with the FFF. What was it you wanted to know? I may not have an answer, but will try to help. Jada.TC

BRUCE1

The Northern Shire of York....within the Kingdom o
I concider myself as an experienced fly fishermen but this is good reading man! I could never have write this down even if the most of it is very familiar.

I have a personal question for you but cant find where to send you a message.

Best regards, Mattias

click on jada0406 username and a drop down box will appear select send private message :thumbs::thumbs:

jada0406

Hi', Bruce, and thanks for the prompt. I should have said the same, but thought Matthias knew about the PM system. Cheers, good fishing, Terry

isaacoomber

The best place to learn river boating is to start on a pond or small lake. Learn what your boat can do . All boats operate differently, especially on moving water. it is not easy as looking.

Last edited by a moderator:

speytime

I tried to find a piece in that dvd on you tube that was edited out along with other pieces.

On the video above do you see the bottom of the water flowing up the river and the top flowing down as you'd expect?
he uses a stick with pieces of cloth every 2/3" up the length of it for a visual cue of the water column
Does a trout liking for stonefly nymphs get a mention in the above?

That's a couple of bits that come to mind that isn't in the you tube version I seen, idk where you would get it now but it's worth a look at the full dvd 👍

Al

jaybeegee

I tried to find a piece in that dvd on you tube that was edited out along with other pieces.

On the video above do you see the bottom of the water flowing up the river and the top flowing down as you'd expect?
he uses a stick with pieces of cloth every 2/3" up the length of it for a visual cue of the water column
Does a trout liking for stonefly nymphs get a mention in the above?

That's a couple of bits that come to mind that isn't in the you tube version I seen, idk where you would get it now but it's worth a look at the full dvd 👍

Al
I watched on YouTube Al and the demo of flow in the water column was on it, don’t recall a bit about stonefly nymphs. There is a third part mainly about trout vision, also very good.

B