Recent dries

baztek1

Beautiful flies. I.O.B.O Humpy one of my fave patterns.

thanks Gordon they are an excellent pattern from 14s right down to 18s.

I do tie something similar smaller that that but not sure i could call it an I.OB.O more like cdc strapped to a hook :D

baztek1

cheers Dave,

its a solid pattern and works very well.

That pattern can be tied on jigs hooks and is the way the guy who created the fly now prefers to tie them. On the fly tying boutique Jig comp barbless.

wobbly face

An interesting PDF download: The Humpy Encyclopedia. More Than a Dozen Ways to Tie a Humpy
How to Tie!! Gretchen & Al Beatty. Illustration by BT’s Fly Fishing & Photography

Nice to see you posting again Barrie and posting some very good flies. (y)

baztek1

An interesting PDF download: The Humpy Encyclopedia. More Than a Dozen Ways to Tie a Humpy
How to Tie!! Gretchen & Al Beatty. Illustration by BT’s Fly Fishing & Photography

Nice to see you posting again Barrie and posting some very good flies. (y)
cheers Jed i will probably be a bit more active now tapatalk is back :cool: .

i just downloaded that and ill have a look, and i have never actually tied a proper Humpy.

Gordon Ottershaw

Banned
Banned
Before this week, I had never seen it before. Honest. Now seen it mentioned at least three times. Just like the buses.
Haha your right, get some they work. Some fly tyers are model makers.....I avoid them.
Its another dead simple fly like the spider pattern I mentioned but trust me they work.

iainmortimer

That’s a lovely set of flies and I have to agree on the IOBO. Tie lots because the trout live them and you’ll destroy them quite quickly. Being so Quick and easy to tie though they are quickly replaced - often on the same hook after a quick strip back!

baztek1

That’s a lovely set of flies and I have to agree on the IOBO. Tie lots because the trout live them and you’ll destroy them quite quickly. Being so Quick and easy to tie though they are quickly replaced - often on the same hook after a quick strip back!
Thanks Iain your are quite right theses are easy stripped back and retired.

I also find my self tying loads as I like to tie some very slim with smaller feathers and some like the one posted with slightly bigger feathers. Same size of hook with two different profiles

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk