Recommendations for beginner around Nottinghamshire that do not require membership

hockeynut

Hi, I tried a taster at Colwick Park a few years ago and enjoyed it, but understand it's now not possible to fish there anymore. I wondered if there were any places I could go without having to be a member? I'm keen to try it again, but don't want to go all in with some starter gear and trying to get membership somewhere. I want to learn the basics and enjoy myself. It'd be nice if it were a babbling river, but I think they are meant to be harder for a beginner and many of the decent ones are also membership based, so my guess is that it'll be still water.

I'm based in North Nottinghamshire, near junction 27, but can travel somewhere reasonable.

glueman

Hi, I tried a taster at Colwick Park a few years ago and enjoyed it, but understand it's now not possible to fish there anymore. I wondered if there were any places I could go without having to be a member? I'm keen to try it again, but don't want to go all in with some starter gear and trying to get membership somewhere. I want to learn the basics and enjoy myself. It'd be nice if it were a babbling river, but I think they are meant to be harder for a beginner and many of the decent ones are also membership based, so my guess is that it'll be still water.

I'm based in North Nottinghamshire, near junction 27, but can travel somewhere reasonable.
Formark,or press manor for starters both day ticket