Recommendations please..

GEK79

Hello all general question next season I'm treating myself to a reel and spare spools for all occasions and wondered what case to buy with enough room for reel and 2 spares.. Please
Gary

tierradelfuego

Gary, not sure exactly what you mean by all occasions, but usually if you buy either a cassette reel or a 3 pack such as a Lamson, then you will get a case with it to fit them all. If you’re talking reel and separate spools, then there are so many choices but there’ll all do the job, pretty sure Orvis, Wychwood and many others do them. Abel ones sometimes show on eBay and are pretty sturdy.

GEK79

Gary, not sure exactly what you mean by all occasions, but usually if you buy either a cassette reel or a 3 pack such as a Lamson, then you will get a case with it to fit them all. If you’re talking reel and separate spools, then there are so many choices but there’ll all do the job, pretty sure Orvis, Wychwood and many others do them. Abel ones sometimes show on eBay and are pretty sturdy.
All occasions as in I have a reel and will by 2 spools to put different lines on.. I'd had a look for an Orvis one.. I'd just like one to carry the reel and 2 spare spools..will keep looking just wondered what general thoughts were.

mackiia1

All occasions as in I have a reel and will by 2 spools to put different lines on.. I'd had a look for an Orvis one.. I'd just like one to carry the reel and 2 spare spools..will keep looking just wondered what general thoughts were.
I have a Geys QRS reel that I don't need - 3 spare spools .
PM me if you are interested.

JohnH

If you want something inexpensive and fit for purpose, suggest you look to the coarse fishing world. A reel case or bag by Drennan, Daiwa or Preston should see you right.

easker1

I have an Orvis Rockie mountain with cassettes it's made by BFR and the cassettes are available but I have a SKB cassette reel come with a case and 3 spares , easker1

GEK79

I have an Orvis Rockie mountain with cassettes it's made by BFR and the cassettes are available but I have a SKB cassette reel come with a case and 3 spares , easker1
Hello mate I have the reel and a spool for line change in just looking for a case to carry them..

splinters

aenoon

Linlithgow, Scotland and anywhere i can wet a line
What is the reel you have Gary?
Can give you a case that takes reel and 3 spools?
regards
Bert

Last edited:

GEK79

What is the reel you have Gary?
Can give you a case that takes reel and 3 spools?
regards
Bert
was looking at those earlier..
Found this on amazon, don't know if it's any good though.

Thanks mate had
Found this on amazon, don't know if it's any good though.

Thanks mate had a gander earlier St those. Thabk you.

vital

Most fly fishers soon turn into tackle tarts ... I meant collectors. Probs won't be long before you get another reel (and so on).
Have a look at www.fishingmegastore.com (which is Glasgow Angling Centre) they have a few to choose from, all good value and good service (i.e. haven't had a problem in more than ten years). Stillwater are the cheapest, Simms most expensive, but there are lots in between.
Safe!

Latest posts