Recruitment drive

Chris Reeves

Many of you will have seen the advert in Fly Fishing and Fly Tying magazine. Regal vices have given the FDg a medallion vice with coloured head and your choice of G clamp or pedestal base as an incentive for anyone who joins between 1st March and end of July 2020 . So, if you have a buddy who has been thinking of joining now is as good a time as any. In addition to being entered into the draw for the vice their membership will run to the end of August 2021 . Please pass this on to anyone you think may be interested

vital

Many of you will have seen the advert in Fly Fishing and Fly Tying magazine. Regal vices have given the FDg a medallion vice with coloured head and your choice of G clamp or pedestal base as an incentive for anyone who joins between 1st March and end of July 2020 . So, if you have a buddy who has been thinking of joining now is as good a time as any. In addition to being entered into the draw for the vice their membership will run to the end of August 2021 . Please pass this on to anyone you think may be interested
While you're about it, the Wessex branch of the FDG would really welcome new members, Corvid 19 aside, we meet most weeks of the year and try to fish together every month. What more do you want?

Vermontdrifter

Sounds great, any branches down here in the south of France ? 🙄
Any
Was thinking the same thing but for Luxembourg! There is a Luxembourg club but if you don’t speak Luxembourgish then you are put aside. Went one time and realised it was made up of older, retired Luxembourgers who all disliked foreigners in their country despite our propping up the economy and paying their pensions.

corto maltese

Yep, I felt that when I tried to join local clubs here, not flytiers but other stuff.
I wasn't made welcome at all, In fact, could feel the resentment of my presence.
Shame really for them and me.

Chris Reeves

Sadly no clubs in Europe at this time but you are welcome to join as individuals . The overseas membership just covers the cost of posting the magazine to you 4 times a year, but you are still able to obtain all the member's discounts, enter the member's area of the website and enter the fly tying competitions and take the guild awards. If you want to take the awards we can also offer you a remote mentor if you are struggling with any aspect of the syllabus.

thetrouttickler

I'm thinking of joining. I'd like to tie my own flies. Hopefully things will be back to normal in Sept.