Red Jelly maggots?

FluffChuck

Hello all,

Does anyone find much luck fishing for trout with these artificial maggot type flies? In preparation for returning to fishing, out of curiosity I bought some on eBay, red jelly body with a black head tied on a 12 hook. Never fished anything like that so wondering if anyone has any tips? Aside from 'bin them' :ROFLMAO:

Cheers

Fluff

FluffChuck

Yeah
Never tried them. A lot of fish are caught on squirmy wormys, san juan worms.
Yeah I've had a few on those squiggly worms before, just wondering if its best to fish these maggoty things under a bung or on the drop.. Who knows!

iainmortimer

I've caught all manner of coarse fish with wee ones that had a thin tail on the end and so not quite maggots. Even a decent pike grabbed one before biting through the line after a few minutes and so I can't imagine a trout passing up the opportunity.

pedros

There's all manner of soft plastic baits that can, arguably, be put on a hook and cast with a fly rod...

FluffChuck

Isn't that just float fishing a maggot?!
Probably! Like I say.. curiosity and lockdown boredom got the best of me. For £3.49 for whatever it was I’m interested to see if trout go for them!

rabmax

Hello all,

Does anyone find much luck fishing for trout with these artificial maggot type flies? In preparation for returning to fishing, out of curiosity I bought some on eBay, red jelly body with a black head tied on a 12 hook. Never fished anything like that so wondering if anyone has any tips? Aside from 'bin them' :ROFLMAO:

Cheers

Fluff
I know a few people who use them for Winter grayling.I am sure they will work for trout also.If they don't have weight or tungsten beads.Just put some split shot bellow your jelly flies.

Latest posts