"Red Moon, tonight"

arkle

I noticed on the news last night, that there's a lunar eclipse tonight & it will last for several hours. This is a "once in a centuary" event, where the moon turns a red-ish colour, so tripods, long lenses & slow exposures seem to be the order of the day... err sorry, night

wobbly face

It'll be cloudy here. :eek:mg:
Saw a red moon just over a month ago, this was due to ash caused by the grass fire on Saddleworth Moor, went back to normal once the breeze blew the ash away and the moon changed position.

G

guest37226

Had a lovely clear moon last night and it had a distinct "reddish" tinge. Hope for clear skies tonight :thumbs:

arkle

Not long after I posted, the clouds started to build up slowly & by the time the evening was here, it was almost blanket cover. This is the first time in several months as well, "typical".

beryl

It’s just the same old moon. Occasionally I’m awake for a pee in the middle of the night and will have a look whatever state it’s in. Often amazed but wouldn't set the alarm for it.

Watched the last eclipse which was ruined by two thousand peeps taking exactly the same pic on their phone whist sat on a beach. How they lit up that unique moment of darkness caught me totally by surprise. I was stupid to not realise how stupid peeps could be. Ironically one of the best views in cornwall due to the cloud cover was on a Newquay beach, much used by those that had been clubbing all the night before...