Redington CPS 9’ 6” 7wt

keef68

A mate of mine has just broken his much loved Redington CPS 9’ 6” 7wt.

I appreciate this is a long shot, but I wondered if anyone had either a butt section for this rod, or the rod itself that they’d be willing to sell?

Many Thanks

Keith

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sage5

A mate of mine has just broken his much loved Redington CPS 9’ 6” 7wt.

I appreciate this is a long shot, but I wondered if anyone had either a butt section for this rod, or the rod itself that they’d be willing to sell?

Many Thanks

Keith

I should have added I have had sections replaced from them

keef68

No joy with Guide Fly Fishing unfortunately - they’re very helpful, but understandably just don’t have any more butt sections for what is now a 15 year old rod. If anyone does have a similar rod they’re happy to sell, please do let me know.

Many Thanks

Keith

rusty

I thought these rods had a lifetime warranty. Did Guide Fly Fishing not make you an attractive offer of a new rod?
I have managed to repair a broken carbon rod. It was the top joint only two inches beyond the ferrule but it seems OK, so far. It is a time consuming job to do effectively so I would only suggest a repair on a cherrished rod.
It depends where the break is. I friend of mine broke on under the cork handle recently. Veryunusual.

Rusty

keef68

I thought these rods had a lifetime warranty. Did Guide Fly Fishing not make you an attractive offer of a new rod?
I have managed to repair a broken carbon rod. It was the top joint only two inches beyond the ferrule but it seems OK, so far. It is a time consuming job to do effectively so I would only suggest a repair on a cherrished rod.
It depends where the break is. I friend of mine broke on under the cork handle recently. Veryunusual.

Rusty

To be fair they did offer a replacement if my mate still had his warranty card, but unfortunately I don’t think he has it.
No complaints about Guide FF - they clearly try to do the best they can .

Cheers

Keith

akfred

Are you still looking for the Redington 9’6” 7wt? If so, I have one and may be able to help you out. I am in Alaska but have a friend from UK coming to visit in July.

keef68

Are you still looking for the Redington 9’6” 7wt? If so, I have one and may be able to help you out. I am in Alaska but have a friend from UK coming to visit in July.

Hi - yes I think my mate would still be interested. I’ll double check with him, but thank you for the offer - much appreciated .

Keith