Reel seat inserts

arkle

Have you tried Roger McCourtney, c/o Peregrine Rods. He has, or had both the inserts & fittings specially made for trout rods & has supplied me with them especially stained in the past.

JayP

I was under the impression that all wood dust was harmful to the lungs as asbestos, and/or carcinogenic.
Hi Anzac,
Yes you're absolutely right all wood dust is harmful and I take no chances so I wear a full face mask all the time whilst in the workshop, some woods are way more harmful than others one being Yew which puts many in hospital each year!

JayP

Something a little different for a 7'6 s-glass build, pinecone in acrylic resin. Should saddle nicely on the translucent orangs s-glass blank.

The finished rod is going to be called 'the Magic Wand' apparently...

IMG_20211029_125629.jpg

bonefishblues

Doesn't make me pine for it, I'm afraid.

Nah, there's always two!

Being serious for a moment, how is the effect in the cactus burl cork produced (least I assume it's cork?)

JayP

Doesn't make me pine for it, I'm afraid.

Nah, there's always two!

Being serious for a moment, how is the effect in the cactus burl cork produced (least I assume it's cork?)
So burnt cork mixed with natural and then glued together for cactus styles and the coloured burl is just dyed and mixed. Downside of burl it is very slightly heavier but the upside is it's much more sensitive so great for nymphing and streamer rods

JayP

Beautiful.....looking forward to seeing the end product Jay..👍
Thanks Jimmy, this wood is still fairly green so has been packed away in a box full of ultra dry wood shavings, the current moisture content reading is 24% and I need it at about 14% before I start turning it. I'll check it in a month or so 👍