Reely frustrating

acbruce

I'd be very grateful for any tips on how to ensure that once my line and crucially the leader and tippet stays tangle free on the reel once rewound and crucially keeps the very end of the tippet free ready to be threaded through the rod next outing.

D

Deleted member 32104

Stonfo line clip. Can be fixed to any reel.

Stonfo-reel-holder-1.jpg

wobbly face

Plus 1 for what Ihomme posted. (y)
There are spool bands but these are neoprene bands with velcro (or should that be hook and grip?) or just elastic. The neoprene can be a bit thick if you have a full spool of line and leader. You have to make sure you leave a bit of tippet/leader handing out and be careful not to just pull line off without removing the band as this can lead to burning of the leader causing crinkles and such

acbruce

Thank you but the two outlets for these costing £7.50 wanted £8.50 postage!!

Rob Edmunds

I've had leaders bed in and cut through Fly- lines, so personally I'd never wind them on the reel and risk ruining a expensive line.

I use the grey pipe lagging foam, take them off at the end of the day and just wrap my leaders around that.....if you want to hold them in place a staple does the trick or a bit of bent wire..

Last edited:

original cormorant

Droppers can be a bugger too getting confused with the end of the line. I usually (but not always) remember to leave 6 inches hanging out.

Tangled

All reels should have leader clip in the handle (or somewhere) AND a method of labelling to show what line is on it. There's nothing worse than forgetting what bloody line is on a reel.

grandad keith

I'd be very grateful for any tips on how to ensure that once my line and crucially the leader and tippet stays tangle free on the reel once rewound and crucially keeps the very end of the tippet free ready to be threaded through the rod next outing.
Bit of Blutak on the side of the reel foot ,embed the end of the leader in it .

Latest posts