reflections on the loch

doobrysnatcher

i just recieved it in the post i only had a peek inside and it looks good, well chuffed i am
book 1.jpg

fits right in with these
books.jpg

shortcircuit

Couple more for your library: these are my two favourite books on fly fishing:

The Longest Silence: Thomas McGuane
Spring Creek: Nick Lyons

shropshire_lad

Does anyone know if this book covers bank fishing loch style for WBT? If so, sounds like it could be some nice winter's reading for me in preparation for hopefully a better year in 2021.

Also, is it possible to get a copy directly from Stan signed? I believe it's published by Coch-Y-B Books?

Wee Jimmy

Does anyone know if this book covers bank fishing loch style for WBT? If so, sounds like it could be some nice winter's reading for me in preparation for hopefully a better year in 2021.

Also, is it possible to get a copy directly from Stan signed? I believe it's published by Coch-Y-B Books?
Its a collection of his articles which have already been published in the T&S over the past few years.Worth a look if you were not a T&S subscriber.

JayP

Sounds like a nice book to keep me interested over the winter, if the winter ever arrives that is.
If you're after a 'reservoir' book this one is pretty good, got me heading in the right direction when I started fishing Grafham

shropshire_lad

If you're after a 'reservoir' book this one is pretty good, got me heading in the right direction when I started fishing Grafham

Thanks Jay, Stan's loch book interests me because that's the style of fishing I love if I get the opportunity. To be more specific, it's wet fly fishing from the bank but using loch-style techniques - bushy top dropper, etc. I'm hoping to get a few trips in to such waters in Wales next year as things are looking more hopeful regarding restrictions, etc. Also, my wife is giving up work at Christmas which should free us up a bit.

As for reservoirs, I had a couple of trips to Farmoor this year but it did not grab me fishing a concrete bowl. Admittedly, I blanked both times and lost a decent fish the first trip - had I landed that things may have been different.

JayP

Thanks Jay, Stan's loch book interests me because that's the style of fishing I love if I get the opportunity. To be more specific, it's wet fly fishing from the bank but using loch-style techniques - bushy top dropper, etc. I'm hoping to get a few trips in to such waters in Wales next year as things are looking more hopeful regarding restrictions, etc. Also, my wife is giving up work at Christmas which should free us up a bit.

As for reservoirs, I had a couple of trips to Farmoor this year but it did not grab me fishing a concrete bowl. Admittedly, I blanked both times and lost a decent fish the first trip - had I landed that things may have been different.
Well if you ever fancy sharing a boat at Grafham when it's safe let me know, not all ressies have 360 degrees of concrete 😉

You should try the Whitewater too