Replacement D ring landing net (netting)

hooferinsane

Any one know of a source of a Sharpes of Aberdeen D ring landing net netting ? Have looked on the Sharpes website, can’t see anything. Although the landing net is 25 years plus, it still extends and folds faultlessly. Thanks

wobbly face

I don't know about the Sharpes but I changed a D Mclean's a few times with coarse pan rubber nets. I would have preferred them a touch deeper but then there is less tangling and messing when unhooking fish in the net. Just make sure you get a big enough circumference pan net. Last I bought was £7 and just disposed of the metal rim (shame as I don't like waste).

BobP

My McLean net got "moused" a couple of year ago and I replaced it with a rubberised Greys net bag which is really good. Fish can swim out easily when C & R.

bluezulu49

My Seaforth is now in its mid 20's if not more and I have replaced the netbag with the largest Brodin replacement net bag. It works very well even though the bag is a bit shallow. Ih has however boated a 6.25 lb Sheelin trout without any problem.

Attachments

• Seaforth frame with brodin net.jpg
    Seaforth frame with brodin net.jpg
    575.2 KB · Views: 16

colliedog

Any one know of a source of a Sharpes of Aberdeen D ring landing net netting ? Have looked on the Sharpes website, can’t see anything. Although the landing net is 25 years plus, it still extends and folds faultlessly. Thanks

I don't think there is one specific to the d shaped net though I am sure a phone call would confirm.

hooferinsane

Just an update on this, I emailed Sharpes re this, never had a reply. I phoned them and got the message no one would be there to answer the phone! I then, by google, came across The Anglers Lodge at Jubilee Lakes. A phone call to a very helpful lady there, resulted in my having a replacement net delivered in about 48 hours for £11.50. As my landing net was very old, I actually went for a Snowbee replacement net as the circumference matched almost identically to the D shaped Seaforth that I had.
If anyone is looking for a replacement net, I would recommend ringing Jubilee lakes as above, as they seem to have most net replacements in stock.

Latest posts